Thread: Elasticated laces on fell shoes?

Banned

Elasticated laces on fell shoes?

So I’ve tried elasticated laces with a tightening clips on trail shoes, trail routes and those type of hills. Lots to choose from on such as amazon.

They worked very well. Slip on off. Comfortable. They allow stretch when up on toes on climbs, and no doubt allow for foot swelling on very long routes, not that I can do very long routes any more.

Question, has anyone tried them on fell shoes on serious fell terrain?
    Do they last? Do they allow too much twist on rough terrain?

Do not know as I have not used them.

However, I have heard people praise them due to the fact that they make your shoe easier to put back on after losing it in a bog or soft ground as there is no need to undo laces, which can be impossible with cold hands.

My take on it is that if the laces were not elasticated the shoe would probably have not come off in the first place!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Do not know as I have not used them.

However, I have heard people praise them due to the fact that they make your shoe easier to put back on after losing it in a bog or soft ground as there is no need to undo laces, which can be impossible with cold hands.

My take on it is that if the laces were not elasticated the shoe would probably have not come off in the first place!
    I’ve seen a few trying to rescue shoes from deep in the bog on such as kinder. Then hobble one shoed to the finish in one case!
    No shoe or laces can compete with grade A Derbyshire or Yorkshire bog suction!

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    So I’ve tried elasticated laces with a tightening clips on trail shoes, trail routes and those type of hills. Lots to choose from on such as amazon.

They worked very well. Slip on off. Comfortable. They allow stretch when up on toes on climbs, and no doubt allow for foot swelling on very long routes, not that I can do very long routes any more.

Question, has anyone tried them on fell shoes on serious fell terrain?
    Do they last? Do they allow too much twist on rough terrain?
    I was literary searching on google this question this morning when this forum pop up. Thank you!

Just wanted to say thanks and to subscribe for more answers on the topic.

Perferably experience if possible with the ones available on amazon or ebay would be in my interest.

Thanks again.