Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations.

Quote Originally Posted by harv View Post
    Wales good for every win I reckon. Bit of luck here and there but defense is solid. Sheedy n Zammit, Faletau, Jones and biggar good as ever. Shame Scot/France cancelled tom, was lookin forward to that. Might head out fer a jog instead!

Congrats to Wales - in the end they deserved to win and looked very composed.

I thought England would steal it when they drew 24-24, but then they did what they often do and played with their stupid heads on for the last 20 mins. - I'm mean really?

Daly needs to be dropped, just like he seems to too frequently do with the ball recently. He's not good enough to play as full-back at present and is well off form. England were lucky not to have someone yellow carded for so many penalties - Maro.

It would be a great way for Alyn Winn Jones to retire from the game by winning the Grand Slam.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Normally we say this about France, but...

It depends which England team turns up.
    Stroppy, error prone England it seems. But full credit to Wales they took their chances well.

England looked so dangerous when they had the attacking ball at the Wales end I felt they would run away with the game. But then they go to sleep or give away penalties at crucial moments.
    But as Eddie Jones has been saying for 5 years, they are still building - hmmm.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Yes, England are the new France! Dangerous with the ball but ill-disciplined. Whatever happened to the tried-and-tested boring but effective?

Farrell's post-match interview, when he constantly refused to answer the toxic, goading opinion-dressed-up-as-questions posed by BBC Sports Report Sonja McLaughlin was by far his best performance in the entire 2021 6 Nations so far.
    Am Yisrael Chai

He did look sooo sour, I couldn't help chuckling and thinking "ask him another question, go on, go on". Like "Owen as captain do you take any responsibility for the fact that whilst you had called a team meeting and stopped for a nice drink, nobody in the team was paying any attention to what was happening on the pitch"? Schoolboy error.

I read that after this season, the top division of English rugby is suspending promotion and relegation for at least three years, and "re-structuring" the championship.

I don't know a great deal, but it smacks of paving the way for Saracens to go back up and then creating a closed shop, which seems to have been an agenda which they've had for years.

We scream about things like this happening in football... but i'm pretty shocked it rarely gets highlighted in what is supposed to be a "proper sport"

I believe there was a vaguely similar scenario in women's football.

I believe Sunderland got shafted in the shake-up of the Women's Premier League, and suddenly Manchester United were up in the top division instead.

Which says a lot for the intentions as a further marketing/brand revenue enhancer, rather than the wholesome version of football which women's football is portrayed in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Farrell's post-match interview, when he constantly refused to answer the toxic, goading opinion-dressed-up-as-questions posed by BBC Sports Report Sonja McLaughlin was by far his best performance in the entire 2021 6 Nations so far.
    Agree with that. Unpleasant questioning and Farrell did well not to rise to it...as did Eddie. Shame their game management is not as good as their PR management!
    I still dont understand the knock on decision. No try in my book. But the biggar chip penalty? Agree. Schoolboy error by England

So not the first time the English team have had problems with the French ref, of the same nature. Lesson should have been learned.
    However, Gauzere has come in for some criticism during his refereeing career, most notably in 2019. A summer 2019 fixture between Wales and England led to Eddie Jones claiming that Gauzere should’ve been shown a yellow card for his performance. As sin-binned Anthony Watson was leaving the field, Wales went on to score a try after taking a quick penalty. Although within the laws of the game, Jones was unhappy with the decision, feeling aggrieved by the Frenchman’s decision.