Thread: today's holiday

today's holiday

Just booked family holiday in Canazei. So excited.
    Dolomites, most beautiful mountains in the world.
    At least Reinhold Messner and I think so.

Is there lots of walking there, maybe staying in mountain huts?

Anyone been to Corsica, who would care to comment on places to stay/visit, and the feasibility of shooting up Monte Cinto (2700mtrs) for someone who has never been up to that altitude before?

Yes, but didn't venture far from the coast and mountain biking in the forest so can't comment on the hills.

Had to be fished out of the sea by lifeguards after I fell off my windsurfing board and banged my head. Fortunately I was wearing a life/buoyancy jacket or I might not be here to tell the tale

A beautiful island, and so is Sardinia which I preferred, as I found that Italians are far more friendly than the Frogs.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Afeasibility of shooting up Monte Cinto (2700mtrs) for someone who has never been up to that altitude before?
    If you have issues on this mountain (which I don't expect, but I also don't know the place), for sure they won't come from the altitude, 2700m is still modest even if you've never been at that altitude before.
    Last edited by Gambatte; 11-03-2023 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    A beautiful island, and so is Sardinia which I preferred
    Never met a single person that's been in Sardinia and does NOT say it's the best sea in the world.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Anyone been to Corsica, who would care to comment on places to stay/visit, and the feasibility of shooting up Monte Cinto (2700mtrs) for someone who has never been up to that altitude before?
    Went there twice over 30 years ago - hired a car each time, and drove around the coast both ways, and also into the centre. It got me into windsurfing for a while, so we did not do any long walks. I agree Sardinia is nicer - also went there twice, mainly the northern half. Most places in both islands are nice, just avoid the main cities.