Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Agree with that. Unpleasant questioning and Farrell did well not to rise to it...as did Eddie. Shame their game management is not as good as their PR management!
    I still dont understand the knock on decision. No try in my book. But the biggar chip penalty? Agree. Schoolboy error by England
    It wasn't a knock on simple as that.

Rees Lightening failed to hold on to the chip cleanly but if the ball went forward off his hand it wouldn't have been able to hit his rear leg. Correct decision.

I thought that the referee favoured England in not yellow carding Itoje for repeatedly infringing. Not many players would get away with giving away 5 penalties and not spend time in the sin bin.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Nigel Owens doesn't agree with you.
    Most commentaries I've read don't agree either.
    Don't get me wrong. I take deep joy from the win and putting a sour face on Farrell.
    But my first love is the game and I am bemused that something 99.9%% of fans and players consider a knock on was judged to be OK. What are we all missing??

But I also agree that Itoje should have been binned.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Nigel Owens doesn't agree with you.
    Most commentaries I've read don't agree either.
    Don't get me wrong. I take deep joy from the win and putting a sour face on Farrell.
    But my first love is the game and I am bemused that something 99.9%% of fans and players consider a knock on was judged to be OK. What are we all missing??

But I also agree that Itoje should have been binned.
    Yeah, the ball travels forward from where it first hits his hand, the markings on the pitch make it clear. It's a knock on all day. That said, Wales deserved the win. England's ill discipline undermining their attacking strengths at the moment. Can't imagine Jones was a happy man in the changing room after the match.
    Last edited by Hank; 01-03-2021 at 10:51 AM.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Yeah, the ball travels forward from where it first hits his hand
    I agree, but only in the same way as when two players are running forwards and one passes the ball to the other the ball always travels forward, without it being a knock on.

Anyway, Happy St David's Day everyone!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Oh yeah! Well done to the team for coming through the loss of Gatland.
    Will St Davids Day be renamed St Aluns Day?? For a player who should by rights be hanging up his boots, he just grows in stature every match.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Good start to the afternoon, I bet Eddie is a bundle of laughs in the dressing room but sure he will come up with a good reason for that performance. England team losing because they were only playing against 13 men at the end?

The big match up next, no idea which way that will go but hope it is a good match and a close result.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Wow what a match a magnificent game Sorry Moley
    The older I get the Faster I was

I don't begrudge France that, flipping heck it had everything. Great game and what it's all about, I'm exhausted and thank God I wasn't watching it in the pub - we all would have needed the defibrillator.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I don't begrudge France that, flipping heck it had everything. Great game and what it's all about, I'm exhausted and thank God I wasn't watching it in the pub - we all would have needed the defibrillator.
    Commiserations to Wales for what was an extremely hard fought battle, with both teams playing some extraordinary, spirited rugby, and for demonstrating why this is one of the best team sports ever. I feel exhausted too having watched that - and I was a neutral!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Yeah. Me too!! What a tremendous match. France have rediscovered their mojo. What price on Mr Edwards now?? The best thing to come from the 'other' game!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth