Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations.

Well its come around quickly again.

I can't see any further than France, who might even repeat their clean sweep of 2022.

Gatland will no doubt have got the Wales side to be competitive and they could do with some good performances if only to take the focus off the suits at the WRU who have got themselves in real strife.

One of their first actions is to ban choirs singing Delilah at the stadium. Whether they'll be able to stop 75,000 fans singing it is a different matter.

And don't get too smug down at Twickers either because the woke folk will be on your case for your cultural appropriation of Swing Low Sweet Chariots
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Well its come around quickly again.

And don't get too smug down at Twickers either because the woke folk will be on your case for your cultural appropriation of Swing Low Sweet Chariots
    I know, and I'm braced for the usual disappointment and possible humiliation.

It also looks like we're on a slow march to outlaw the tackle, or indeed any contact, in what is a supposed to be a contact sport.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    It also looks like we're on a slow march to outlaw the tackle, or indeed any contact, in what is a supposed to be a contact sport.
    Whilst moves to reduce head injuries/concussion in sport are obviously laudable I think there is an agenda against Rugby by those who see it as a game for violent thugs, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Many boxers will take more blows to the head in one bout than some rugby players will in a career but no one seems to bat an eyelid!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

When Gatland agreed to come back, mates were saying he wouldn't be doing it unless he had spotted some unseen potential in the team, something to buid on. That may be wishfull thinking and pure Welsh optimism, but we should know in the next few weeks.
    I am guessing Delilah will be louder than ever!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I often feel at the "guardian-reading tofu-eating wokerati" end of the spectrum when we have debates on here. But I'm as bemused by that decision as it seems others are.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I am guessing Delilah will be louder than ever!
    Well, Suo Gân just wouldn't sound right in a rugby stadium.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I often feel at the "guardian-reading tofu-eating wokerati" end of the spectrum when we have debates on here. But I'm as bemused by that decision as it seems others are.
    Hey! You missed off "vegan-leather-sandal-wearing"!
    Am Yisrael Chai

I felt uncomfortable singing Delilah last year. I'm not surprised that the WRU has banned it given the awful mess they are in. My only observation is that banning a song only enhances it....Relax anyone???
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

But will I sing it today if the crowd starts up with it?? Not sure! Anyway, I am only there for the rugby.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Blimey! Well done Italy.
    Am Yisrael Chai