Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conwy Mountain

Conwy Mountain

Can’t see a thread about this race.... anybody know anything about it?

The race may only be a couple of years old. This Saturday it’s the first race in the North Wales Champs Series.

Conwy Mountain would appear to be a bit of a “Loughrigg Fell”.... quite low altitude and sprawling on top, with some steep climbs up from the road/sea.

Seems to be a fairly non-technical, fast race, with a down-and-up to the road thrown in near the end, to get the climb stats up to 5 miles/1650ft.

Looking forward to another nice day in Wales.

Every day in Wales is a nice day Travs!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Travs, there is a Faceache page "Conwy Fell Race" which has a few videos of the race and a map.

Thanks Llani, yes I’m a member of that page... all seems a straightforward race, I just wondered if anybody had any actual experience of the race...

From the aerial view it looks a good route, especially the up and down near the end!

Travs,

Pretty much everything is here, there's even a video of the route being ran....
    https://www.facebook.com/Conwy-Fell-...3479662785559/
    Good luck, I'm toying with going as well.

Hello Simo.... I’ll definitely be there as targeting all three Welsh champs this year.... if you see the Coventry Godiva vest (red & yellow), say hello!

Reporting live from the very nice Conwy Borough Football Club.... I can confirm that the wind is starting to get up...!!

A fantastic race in shocking conditions. Wind blowing people all over the place and enough to stop people making progress on a lot of occasions.

Enjoyable course, significantly more technical than I’d expected (which was to my disadvantage!)

Long runnable climb up to the first summit, where I was well in the mix, but the reality was I was simply outclassed today, especially on two of the nastiest descents I’ve seen. The first tricky descent was made so simply by the slippery, muddy conditions.... the main big descent would have been nasty under any circumstances, but was made absolutely lethal by the conditions.

Finished 30th/94 which I was rather disappointed with, but couldn’t do any more on the day, and was a good 5mins off the top 10...

Very good race, made into a real adventure by the weather. Very grateful to the organiser for not cancelling.

Well done Travs. They were five of the most exhausting miles I've done for a while due to the wind. Big shout to the marshals.
    Everybody's heart doesn't beat the same.