I share you pain with Inov 8's falling apart.

I have never run in the trail pegasus, but I have numerous versions of the Wildhorse. I don't think the sole of the Pegasus is anymore aggressive.

I did the Cape Wrath Ultra in a pair of Wildhorse in 2016. I traded off the grip for something comfortable for long days. They really struggled on anything but dry ground or good trails. They are also useless on wet rock!

I would still wear them for a lot of trail ultras, where I would sacrifice grip for comfort. I also use them for pretty much all my road running.

But not in a fell race or any training run where I just want a bit of grip and not sliding about (I do most of my running in the dark peak). Given the current weather, they would be pretty useless for me about now!

I have had a pair of the Scott Supertrac RCs. They were great, but the grip wore down very quickly. Even after that, I wore them on good trails or when it was dry for a while. I will get another pair though when I next have a bit of spare change.

As another alternative, I really like the La Sportiva Mutant. The fit is nice and the grip on wet rock is great. The grip in mud is pretty good, despite the fact that it isn't very aggressive. It looks a lot of shoe, but I think it feels surprisingly nimble to run in. I have been running in a pair for about 18 months now that have over 500 hard miles in them. They are pretty bulletproof.