Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nike air zoom pegasus trail goretex

Nike air zoom pegasus trail goretex

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has used these shoes on the fells.All the reviews online look great and the goretex waterproof material as well as zoom cushioning is very appealing.Curious to know if any feedback on technical fell routes rather than trail type runs?

Cheers
    Gaz

I am a recently converted great fan of Nike Zoom Pegasus road shoes... I've got a pair of the "weather resistant" model, which have a water resistant upper, and slightly more grip than the standard road model. They are extremely comfortable and a pleasure to run in, even more so than the Hokas… however they are still road shoes, but designed to cope with slightly wetter and muddier conditions.... definitely not trail shoes though...

The model you refer to look great, but can't help with specific feedback. Looking at photos, i'd be surprised if they coped with full-on fell conditions.

Thankyou Travs i appreciate that.I suspected as much to be honest.Its just frustrating as i find Inov 8 and Walsh fall apart pretty quickly.

If you're happy with the general lack of cushioning from Inov8/Walsh, then i'd strongly suggest you take a look at VJ Irocks…. arguably better grip (at the very least it's the same level of grip) but the build quality and longevity is far higher.

They also do the VJ Xtrm which has a rock-plate and a little more cushioning... I couldn't tell any difference in grip compared to the Irocks, although the lugs are supposedly a little shallower.

ps I've no experience of the Nike Trail/Fell shoes, but read a couple of reviews and seen lots of pics... I personally wouldn't be shelling out that kind of money and relying on them to survive on open fell.

Thanks I will take a look.I haven't ever heard of them.

I'm on about my 5th pair of Pegasus and I've had a couple of the trail versions.

Great fit for me. Great comfort when running on road and OK on dry trails.

But I've never seen anything I'd attempt to use around Pendle from Nike.

Before Pegasus I used to wear Nike Skylon when I started around 2003. They were a great shoe. Discontinued around 2007 so I used New Balance for a while until I got in to Pegasus.
    Can't take to Brooks, Saucony, Adidas, Asics, Mizuno.... tried them all and only the Wave Harriers for off-road were any good.

A recent Adidas exception is the Terrex GTX I picked up from Outdoor Action in Blackburn. They are extremely comfortable and are marginally better tread than a Pegasus Trail but still not suitable for fell.
    https://www.outdooraction.co.uk/foot...s-pd-15797.php

They've just reduced them - great value.

For Fell now I prefer the Salomon Fellraiser. Probably not enough tread for most, but at my pace it does the job
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Adidas make these (or at least they did, and you should still be able to pick them up)

https://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex-x-ki...es/BB5443.html

Closest I've found to a pure fell shoe from them. The grip was based on the Continental mountain bike tyres. A bit of a gimmick, but I have to say they were fairly decent, and I used them for almost a full year of fell racing.

Probably not quite Invo8/Irock levels of grip, but a very adequate compromise with a bit of cushioning.

They look cool as well, which is always a bonus!

Thankyou Witton Park/Travs ill take a look.It may be a case of buying a couple of pairs (one fell/one trail).I use Nike Zoom Fly for road and used to rotate Walsh PB and Inov8 X-Talon in rotation for off road trails and fells but unfortunately they have bough detached from the sole in the same couple of weeks so fancied a change.

Don't rule out the Scott RC.

An excellent all round shoe.

(I would provide a link but don't know how to!)
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Look cool them Travs, but just bought a pair of the orange Terrex ones on my link seeing as they are down in price. I have new unused pair of Pegasus waiting bought in the sales in Jan, so budget blown for now
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell