Page 284 of 357 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Wetherby whaler View Post
    We haven’t, people who are susceptible and maybe would die of a respiratory infection anyway this winter will just more likely die of Covid rather than flu as it’s easier to catch and not previously encountered. If they wouldn’t have died from flu they will recover just as they would most likely recover from Covid. Flu is still around although much reduced in the Southern Hemisphere this year in their winter as the same happened. Not usual flu deaths plus Covid but Covid plus many fewer flu deaths.

That explains the 54,000 excess deaths, then, eh?
    https://fingertips.phe.org.uk/static...ml#all-persons
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 24-10-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    he's very backward in coming forward with anything himself.
    everything you post on here is either lifted from Twitter or from a "Lockdown Sceptic" website.

Master
    Given that Covid 19 messes with the immune system and it is mostly older folk that suffer the worst effects, it has set me to wondering if any research has/is being done into the possibility of a lifetime of immmunisation weakening the immune system, therefore when an older person that has 50, 60 years and more of being injected with all manner of man made cures for whatever contacts a natural virus such as Covid 19 the immune system has been weakened to such an extent that it cannot deal with it, whereas a younger person whose immune system is still relatively unadulterated suffers a lot less because there the immune system is stronger.

just a thought
    Last edited by JohnK; 24-10-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

I've posted papers from the Lancet, the British Medical Journal, eminent Professors.....

But if they don't conform to Dave Mole's view they are cancelled - even if they're Nobel laureates.

Unfortunately, if one has an opinion that differs from the Group Think, one tends to pick pieces that are by others who are also sceptical of lockdown policy, such as Anders Tegnell who is the Swedish guy heading up their Covid efforts.

Such as Johan Giesecke, and you would struggle to find anyone with better credentials.

Back in May
    "It has become clear that a hard lockdown does not protect old and frail people living in care homes—a population the lockdown was designed to protect. Neither does it decrease mortality from COVID-19, which is evident when comparing the UK's experience with that of other European countries."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...035-7/fulltext
    Last edited by Witton Park; 24-10-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Given that Covid 19 messes with the immune system and it is mostly older folk that suffer the worst effects, it has set me to wondering if any research has/is being done into the possibility of a lifetime of immmunisation weakening the immune system, therefore when an older person that has 50, 60 years and more of being injected with all manner of man made cures for whatever contacts a natural virus such as Covid 19 the immune system has been weakened to such an extent that it cannot deal with it, whereas a younger person whose immune system is still relatively unadulterated suffers a lot less because there the immune system is stronger.

just a thought
    An interesting point, but aren't vaccines designed to trigger an immune response, rather than a cure? So in theory they would stimulate the system.
    Whether this unnatural stimulation has an adverse effect is an interesting question.

One of the issues raised by some around lockdown, is that the reduction in human - human contact may have an adverse effect on the maintenance of our natural immune systems.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I've posted papers from the Lancet, the British Medical Journal, eminent Professors.....
    You said yesterday that we are in a pseudo-pandemic brought about by testing. Tell that to the 1,150,677 people who have died from it. You posted an article from 2007 about how testing caused a "pandemic" in the US, which has absolutely no bearing on the situation either in the UK or globally. You post things from "experts" who turn out to be experts in protien nutrition or podiatrists.

Unfortunately, if one has an opinion that differs from the Group Think
    Like 5G causes coronavirus? I could probably find an "expert" that would back that up.
    Or like flat-earthers: very popular, "spheroid sceptics", I believe they're calling themselves now.

Such as Johan Giesecke
    who supports widespread PCR testing, and summarises that paper by saying "our most important task is not to stop spread, which is all but futile, but to concentrate on giving the unfortunate victims optimal care." He has also gone on to say tat the "Swedish" model won't be effictive everywhere, due to social and demographic differences and that it is too early to compare the Covid-19 strategies of different countries.

Anders Tegnell
    Despite having had a go at people for comparing different countries which go against your own ideas, you cling to Sweden, which has the 5th highest mortality rate per capita in Europe. Hardly a success. A lot of people in Sweden think the cost has been too high: excess mortality was far higher in Sweden than in neighboring countries and Germany and the economy has been similarly affected.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I've just heard on the news that Gloucestershire Police will be patrolling in the Forest of Dean, and stopping anyone without a valid excuse for travelling into or out of Wales. They must have heard about Wheeze's latest plans for a shopping expedition.

Meanwhile, Dave Mole is loading up his packhorses with non-essential goods to smuggle across to the other side of Hergest Ridge . . .
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Ha! I shall be sneaking across the border on my mtb for some non essential shopping! Shh. Don't tell anyone!

One of the problems with getting on top of Covid 19 seems to be that many people seem to have had it/got it whilst having no symptoms.

I wonder whether the same applies to Flu, as in we can have it and pass it on, without symptoms.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

more counter opinion and misrepresentation - no opinion - no point - pointless - sad really.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell