Page 145 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Alas none are my good self.

The year gavin bland came in in 5 hrs plus, I was kicking myself I was out with back injury. That was the year I could have beat him!

I’ve given someone a lead, the ones who still don’t know ( some do) . Last race I did was pendle cloughs.
    Now that is a small ( but select) field!

pS , as regards war of roses, a climbing partner of mine told me that the lancs climbing club had an annual do in ilkley! Invasion has started.
    Previous Oracle quote
    One of the last borrowdales one Gavin bland shuffled round in about 5 hours.
    That was the year to say I beat Gavin round borrowdale!

I thought the mantrap has sprung on you - alas no

Banned
    I didn’t doubt your credentials good sir, nor suggest I took prizes off your sideboard.

I was remarking only on geography, that cow and calf is indeed a view of what you could call your back garden, almost in view of your house!

As for those such as regular irregular are not a patch on some:
    You didn’t mention yorkshireman?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Graham's back garden?

Now I understand that you know me as a double English Championship Vet Medalist but just to establish my LDWA credentials I have done Haworth Hobble (the old long course, not the current jaunt), Rombald's, Burley Bridge, Rudolph's Romp, Hebden, Bottom's Up, Beacon Bash, Myrtle Meander, Open To Offas, Grin 'n' Bear It, Saltergate, Two Crosses, Scarborough Rock, That's Lyth, Troller's Trot, Moors the Merrier, Blubberhouses, Durham Dales, Settle Saunter, Hangover Hike, Regular Irregular, Black Brook, Anglezarke... so I'm not just running up and down Burnsall Fell!

Actually thinking of the Rombald's, one year I did 3.26 and was first back in my category by hours but they wouldn't give me the prize because I had entered on the day. But I am not one to bear a grudge after 20 years.
    Last edited by Oracle; 03-07-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    Previous Oracle quote
    One of the last borrowdales one Gavin bland shuffled round in about 5 hours.
    That was the year to say I beat Gavin round borrowdale!

I thought the mantrap has sprung on you - alas no
    No need for a mantrap, some posters know who I am, indeed I have run with them in recent times. Run with them On fells- Despite DTs opinion otherwise.

Whether spectators would classify it as running is disputable: being called a runner is a victory these days: suggesting the commenter might benefit from spec savers,
    Last edited by Oracle; 03-07-2020 at 06:37 PM.

You didn’t mention yorkshireman?
    So many events, so little time.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Which post will no doubt be acceptable to many.
    Not to the facts

Meanwhile, there is a demographic time bomb on excessive pensions caused by destruction of savings rates, by browns adoption of us monetary policy : creating his bubble that burst, yes it goes back that far. We have suffered ever since. It is part of our financial catastrophe. Callaghan managed to run us out of money too.

And my grandkids have had no education for months because of teachers unions. I am rightly upset about it. That is relevant to covid. We would have starved if factories had done the same. The private sector is being destroyed, having to pay for all of covid, and that will have lasting consequences, Hardly distractions.

Cant you handle an opposing view?
    The financial instability is no laughing matter.

But that’s the problem: why do you expect a broadside on my views to go unanswered?
    I think you take yourself too seriously, it’s just some comments on what I observe.

Let’s take one of your oft quoted demons….. the variety of Scientific advice given to Govt/Boris…., if, as you appear to have, a scientific background you will be aware that this is how scientists behave, even where the full “pedigree” of the process or problem is known there will still be widely differing and opposing views. For something not as well understood, like Covid, the divergence will be very wide. I have no problem with you posting this, however I object when you continually refer to this as some terrible misdeed on the government when it is an expected norm.

The Brown pension problem, again oft repeated, Brown was chancellor from 1997 and PM from 2007, this is not his problem, it has been about far longer than that, as an example I worked for a company with many thousands of employees who recognised & addressed the pension problem 15 years before Brown.

Children missing out on education is not good, everyone agrees, but to continually blame the Teachers unions, oh my, they are devils aren’t they, is it really their problem? if among their 100’s of demands they said we refuse to mark any pupils work I think even I could negotiate my way round that. From what I read on the Scottish Govt website there was a similar initial impasse but after a week or so the two sides agreed a way forward, the demands were a bit over the top but understandable given the virus. But you don’t rate nippy Nicola, again oft repeated.

Again I agree industry will be severely impacted with consequences for all of us, and will be worse for those who are more vulnerable.

I certainly do not laugh at financial instability; I do laugh when you blame everything and anything on the left and I do hope the current lot in power improve.

I have no problem with opposing views, there’s good info in a lot of your posts (whether I agree with it or not), and it stimulates a lively forum discussion, I do have a problem with oft repeated guff.

Banned
    Steph. I won’t go blow for blow. You know my views

But you may recollect the NEU said just that. As a list of 100 demands to return to work “ no homework to be marked was included” . No matter whether negotiated or not it proves bad faith.

The simple statement should have been, schools like loo roll factories stay open. Now what must we do to make that happen? Instead 30 percent of teaching staff self isolated taking advantage of a holiday, screwing others who must work to eat but now must look after kids. So the schools closed.

Brown followed the FED into the same central bank cheap money culdesac, and the Cheap money bubble blew up in their faces. Bernanke and others have since admitted the fed created the problem, and their “ cure “ of cheap money was worse than the disease, That much is history, We are now in so deep we can never get out. Country debt is so big, it can never allow sensible interest rates. There is a trillion public pension deficit based on the return. It was a disgrace brown blaming companies for his decision to destroy pensions. The euro is bust and many banks with it, many have never recovered.
    So yes, it was all browns fault. He stole my pension.

MPs have created millions who rely on equity returns, who are getting hammered. Whilst MPs and the public sector all thieve a pension bigger than they pay in tax.

ALL MPs are to blame for failure to deal with the problem. they created zero savings return. They should halve their own pensions to allow for it, and with it all public sector. I am just as critical of Hammond for failing to deal with browns problem. Too much of a vested interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I think you take yourself too seriously, it’s just some comments on what I observe.

Let’s take one of your oft quoted demons….. the variety of Scientific advice given to Govt/Boris…., if, as you appear to have, a scientific background you will be aware that this is how scientists behave, even where the full “pedigree” of the process or problem is known there will still be widely differing and opposing views. For something not as well understood, like Covid, the divergence will be very wide. I have no problem with you posting this, however I object when you continually refer to this as some terrible misdeed on the government when it is an expected norm.

The Brown pension problem, again oft repeated, Brown was chancellor from 1997 and PM from 2007, this is not his problem, it has been about far longer than that, as an example I worked for a company with many thousands of employees who recognised & addressed the pension problem 15 years before Brown.

Children missing out on education is not good, everyone agrees, but to continually blame the Teachers unions, oh my, they are devils aren’t they, is it really their problem? if among their 100’s of demands they said we refuse to mark any pupils work I think even I could negotiate my way round that. From what I read on the Scottish Govt website there was a similar initial impasse but after a week or so the two sides agreed a way forward, the demands were a bit over the top but understandable given the virus. But you don’t rate nippy Nicola, again oft repeated.

Again I agree industry will be severely impacted with consequences for all of us, and will be worse for those who are more vulnerable.

I certainly do not laugh at financial instability; I do laugh when you blame everything and anything on the left and I do hope the current lot in power improve.

I have no problem with opposing views, there’s good info in a lot of your posts (whether I agree with it or not), and it stimulates a lively forum discussion, I do have a problem with oft repeated guff.
    Last edited by Oracle; 03-07-2020 at 07:09 PM.

I think you take yourself too seriously

hahahahahhaha!

Steph wins the award for understatement of the year!
    And it's only July
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Following Steph's (partial) lead in trying to drag this thread back on topic (i.e., Coronavirus, for those who have forgotten). Has anyone else seen the report on the BBC website about the leak from Boris Johnson's office? Apparently, Johnson (with Dominic Cummings' permission, obviously) is planning to announce on Sunday that fell racing can restart from 11th July with certains conditions. Hand gel to be carried by every competitor as part of the mandatory kit, hand gel stations at each stile and gateway, and face coverings to be worn by all competitors at all times. And every competitor will have to carry with them a smartphone with the government's track & trace app running (apparently, Mat Hancock has guaranteed that this will be ready and fully tested by 2:45 PM on Wednesday) and - and this is the kicker - the smartphone has to have GPS running. It's not clear whether or not the face coverings need to be waterproof.

is a buff a face covering?

Instead 30 percent of teaching staff self isolated taking advantage of a holiday,
    and there you have it: lazy teachers!
    Utterly, utterly rephrehensible crap from this funnel of shite.

Yet again