Page 179 of 357 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks DT...just the right amount of bark!
    As for coronavirus we have no option but to learn how to live WITH it. Just as we did with TB. That scourge (far, far worse in medical terms than this current plague) is still with us, just waiting for the right conditions to burst back with a vengeance. We've got to de-demonise covid as regards to a healthy young population but keep the vulnerable away from risk by insisting that they (and that includes me) persist with distancing, washing, masking etc etc. If not, on their own head be it. Its off to the plague hospital so that general hospitals are not overwhelmed.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Stagger, you are guilty of Efes posting! But you put the view of the man in the street. Nowt wrong with that. But dont forget, never wrestle with a pig in the mud, because the pig likes it!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Thanks DT...just the right amount of bark!
    His post should have suffered the same fate as my two posts.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

If you can’t use their toilet, can you go in their compost heap? Bob Flowerdew used to recommend this on Gardeners Question Time as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetherby whaler View Post
    If you can’t use their toilet, can you go in their compost heap? Bob Flowerdew used to recommend this on Gardeners Question Time as I recall.
    I suppose that's OK for No.1s.....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Stagger, you are guilty of Efes posting! But you put the view of the man in the street. Nowt wrong with that. But dont forget, never wrestle with a pig in the mud, because the pig likes it!
    Good advice Wheeze.

Its actually Tuborg Amber posting 5.2% ABV and goes down too well on a warm day. (There all bloody warm)

Folks over here are taking a more serious approach then the UK

Similar people but totally different levels of mask wearing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Have I said owt wrong or have you been accused WP?

This is and always has been down the pub.

But if the schools open we might need to close for a period.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    As was my post asking for a moderator to at least politely request Stagger to cease expressing such extreme views. This place is seemingly a joke - it’s okay to call somebody Gandhi and suggest the sinking of boats but it’s somehow inappropriate to call out what is (at the very least) borderline racism, all justified it seems on the daft basis that the subject of the thread wasn’t “racism” 🙄
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 10-08-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Fellbeast....look at your comparative post numbers. Us long termers are guilty of knowing Stagger of old and, shall we say, tolerating his more Daily Mailish outbursts rather than taking exception to them. As a newbie, such outbursts obviously have a different and more pointed impact. As Stagger reminds us, we are "down the pub" where free and often ethanol fuelled outbursts can and do happen.Just like in the real world.

Put it this way. If you walked into a country pub you hadn't visited before and bar-stool regular was pontificating in a way you took exception to, would you immediately call him out? Brave person if you said yes!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Fellbeast....look at your comparative post numbers. Us long termers are guilty of knowing Stagger of old and, shall we say, tolerating his more Daily Mailish outbursts rather than taking exception to them. As a newbie, such outbursts obviously have a different and more pointed impact. As Stagger reminds us, we are "down the pub" where free and often ethanol fuelled outbursts can and do happen.Just like in the real world.

Put it this way. If you walked into a country pub you hadn't visited before and bar-stool regular was pontificating in a way you took exception to, would you immediately call him out? Brave person if you said yes!!
    He should look at his post 1760 before he criticises others. It's Ok to take a pop based on someone's perfectly valid voting history.

It's also OK to mask shame someone. I know someone who had a panic attack in work last week because they had made face coverings mandatory, that person was the only one in work refusing on health grounds, the employer did not do an individual risk assessment which they should have and the employee was effectively bullied by colleagues and even managers.
    Oi! Get your mask on.
    One department even had an emergency meeting about the person.
    The HSE actually have a template COVID risk assessment for employers and it makes it clear face coverings cannot be mandatory but employers should assist those who want to wear them.
    If they are not careful, they could have a constructive dismissal case on their hands, and no defence. BUt the employee is loyal to the employer, so I can't see it happening.

But nevermind, let's group all mask averse people in as alt-right, anti refugee racists.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell