Page 104 of 357 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOT View Post
    Did they not say that they reduced production of some products in order to make more beans.
    So that's why cook hasn't been able to get hold of larks' tongues in aspic!
    (as revised!)
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 03-06-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Oracles view of the teaching situation does not describe my experience of the ongoing situation in my grandkids primary school. They have been at school for the duration and been well looked after. Just saying!
    But then - I suspect your grandkids are kids of so called "key workers", did you not once say one of your children was a GP?. I say "so called" because I doubt I can get a GP appointment any time soon. Not that I could before. So a small percentage are being taught. They are not representative

And The job - laid down in law - is teaching all of them all of the time..

Or Should heinz just make beans for people they like according to their criteria of need? Just saying.

My grandkids are getting an hour a day by video!
    Some are not even that lucky. Some do not even have computers. They are getting Zip.

What brought this into focus for me is having to buy computers for some just such in this locale. The kids should be in school. All of them.

But worse than that some of thse poor parents are stuck at home looking after kids who should be looked after by schools, so the parents will not be earning any time soon and are going ever deeper in debt.

Notice they get 80 percent until the end of furlough when many of them will then get sacked. The private sector simply cannot afford to fund COVID indefinitely, they get loans not grants - and when companies are forced to fund even staff( they have been funding premises and all other outgoing whilst having no income)which is desparate for many businesses which have been left to fund COVID totally. The recession coming will be dire.

Yet Public sector workers at home are still on 100 percent. Which to me at least is outrageous.
    Too many use COVID as an excuse. Take council dumps are still not working normally despite the fact that there was never an excuse to limit them, let alone close them.

Cheers, teachers. You are playing a blinder. Not.

Notice how all the old memes creep out using covid as excuse. "smaller class sizes"
    So that is what the unions are now demanding. How in the depth of this financial catastrophe is the state supposed to fund half as many teachers and schools again? Or are the teachers unions saying only half should be taught to make up for the new class sizes? Orare they saying the curriculum reduced accordingly?

There was never a choice. Schools should have stayed open, and like the factories, they should have been asking "how do we stay open"? NOT

" now most of us are allowed to self isolate, we are self isolating ,so when can we shut?". Reopening was always going to be a problem, and the unions were always going to be as awkwards as possible. It is all they know how to do.
    Last edited by Oracle; 02-06-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    So that's why cook hasn't been able to get hold of lark's tongues in aspic!
    We did have a raw tongue delivered from the butcher last week and wife cooked it up, so good we have another one coming this Friday. I can recommend it as a poor man's alternative to larks tongues.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    lark's tongues in aspic!
    A fine album, I've always wondered if it was inspired by Vaughan Williams piece The Lark Ascending

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    We did have a raw tongue delivered from the butcher last week and wife cooked it up, so good we have another one coming this Friday. I can recommend it as a poor man's alternative to larks tongues.
    Had it for my dinner today.
    Tongue and tomatoe sandwich.

We buy ours already pressed from the local butchers.

My gym has announced plans to reopen in July.

Now if a sweaty indoor gym can manage to get itself together, I'd like to think the athletics/running community is being led from the top to look at similar. And at least some kind of racing (and most definitely group training) can resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    My gym has announced plans to reopen in July.

Now if a sweaty indoor gym can manage to get itself together, I'd like to think the athletics/running community is being led from the top to look at similar. And at least some kind of racing (and most definitely group training) can resume.
    Training as a club can resume. Ratio 1:5 or 6 athletes, no jumps, social distancing must continue. England athletics put quite a few pages out yesterday

Yes... i was referring to full club training etc.

I have heard from a source (which i won't name) that one of the popular late autumn fell races (which i also won't name) is planned to go ahead this year.

It's not much, and it's certainly not my guarantee, nor even my words or views. Just what i was told from a reliable source.