Page 180 of 357 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

I was in Wales on saturday and barely anybody wearing masks in shops...

I had mine with me, but assumed that as nobody else was wearing, it's not compulsory like it is on this side of Offas Dyke?

Felt a bit silly for travelling over without finding out first!

Banned
    Just been out for evening meal and while have a chat worked out approx 60% of people on the marina wore masks all the time except at the meal table.

100% in shops or no entry.

Same on transportation.

Even the younger ones don't flout the rules?

barely anybody wearing masks in shops
    It's not compulsory in Wales yet, just on public transport.

FYI you can not also talk on the phone, sing, eat or read a newspaper whilst on public transport, either....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    As was my post asking for a moderator to at least politely request Stagger to cease expressing such extreme views. This place is seemingly a joke - it’s okay to call somebody Gandhi and suggest the sinking of boats but it’s somehow inappropriate to call out what is (at the very least) borderline racism, all justified it seems on the daft basis that the subject of the thread wasn’t “racism” 🙄
    If I have spoken about you out of turn and genuinely offended you I will apologise.

I have though scrolled back to post 1726 when you popped up and said "Stagger thinks that"

Please don't offend me and I will behave in the same manner.

Adult should be able to tolerate each other even when they have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    He should look at his post 1760 before he criticises others. It's Ok to take a pop based on someone's perfectly valid voting history.

It's also OK to mask shame someone. I know someone who had a panic attack in work last week because they had made face coverings mandatory, that person was the only one in work refusing on health grounds, the employer did not do an individual risk assessment which they should have and the employee was effectively bullied by colleagues and even managers.
    Oi! Get your mask on.
    One department even had an emergency meeting about the person.
    The HSE actually have a template COVID risk assessment for employers and it makes it clear face coverings cannot be mandatory but employers should assist those who want to wear them.
    If they are not careful, they could have a constructive dismissal case on their hands, and no defence. BUt the employee is loyal to the employer, so I can't see it happening.

But nevermind, let's group all mask averse people in as alt-right, anti refugee racists.
    Look one example of a panic attack doesn’t mean that everyone would ‘bully’ that person to wear a mask. The system is working pretty well overall with most people wearing masks when asked to. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not it’s broadly a good thing and more reassuring to most, rather than panic attack inducing. At the other end of the spectrum my daughter who is almost ful term pregnant and expecting a baby in the next two weeks was hassled for wearing a mask this morning by some ‘non-maskers’. Everything with covid is quite scary enough for her without people being twattish. Never-the-less I realise that those views aren’t the views of the majority. It’s really easy to use one extreme example, either end of the spectrum, to try and prove a point but in reality it’s the middle ground where the common sense is

Master
    I have no problem wearing a mask (all made from redundant race event T shirts} my favorite is my MANX Mountain Marathon mask which has raised a lot of smiles and been a great coversation starter.

In fact rather than just full facial cover (which I view as mark of respect to other folk)my paranoia is suggeting donning full body cover in the form of a MORPHSUIT or would that be going overboard.
    Last edited by JohnK; 10-08-2020 at 08:23 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I was in Wales on saturday and barely anybody wearing masks in shops...

I had mine with me, but assumed that as nobody else was wearing, it's not compulsory like it is on this side of Offas Dyke?

Felt a bit silly for travelling over without finding out first!
    I'm heading West of Offa's Dyke for a few days tomorrow. So it's mask on for nearly 4 hours on the trains, but then freedom until I get the train back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    It's not compulsory in Wales yet, just on public transport.

FYI you can not also talk on the phone, sing, eat or read a newspaper whilst on public transport, either....
    Blimey, things must be serious if they are stopping people singing in Wales.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

AnthonyKay that's quite a trip you're on..! 12 Munros today, then Wales tomorrow!

Super Moderator
    I think the 12 was Donnie not Anthony Travs
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Aaahh I see