Page 156 of 357 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned
    Other than your quack diagnosis no. Same old. Same old misrepresentation You clearly didnt read my posts.

I asked a civil question,
    Shall we talk about fell racing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    did you read the post I just put up or not?
    You have become increasingly unstable.
    Why do you think I would want to talk about a fell race with you?

Typical psychopathic behaviour.

Like calling nurses, firemen, teachers and the police parasites.

I'd be delighted to talk about fell running but not
    with someone who has called nurses, doctors, police, firemen and teachers parasites!
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 08-07-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Is that your way of being sociable ? Deliberately writing twisting mendacious attacks? Hardly beautiful.

Try it on Twitter with someone less forgiving. It will cost your house.

Shall we talk cardington cracker? Whats your pb?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    this is your way of being sociable?
    You're such a beautiful person. I'd be delighted to talk about fell running with someone who has called nurses, doctors, police, firemen and teachers parasites!
    Last edited by Oracle; 05-07-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Three shires in september cancelled, looking like there are going to be very few races this year
    I'd been entertaining a vague hope that I might get to do a race in the Spanish Pyrenees later in the year, but I see Spain has re-introduced lock-down in a couple of places already, so I think that's put the kibosh on that. As you say, it's looking as though there might be very few races, if any, anywhere this year.

An interesting possibility.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e-emerged-asia

Coronavirus may have lain dormant across the world and emerged when environmental conditions were right for it to thrive - rather than starting in China, an Oxford University expert believes.

Dr Tom Jefferson, senior associate tutor at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (CEBM), at Oxford, and visiting professor at Newcastle University, argues that there is growing evidence that the virus was elsewhere before it emerged in Asia.

Last week, Spanish virologists announced they had found traces of the disease in samples of waste water collected in March 2019, nine months before the coronavirus disease was seen in China.

Italian scientists have also found evidence of coronavirus in sewage samples in Milan and Turin, in mid-December, many weeks before the first case was detected, while experts have found traces in Brazil in November.

Dr Jefferson believes that many viruses lie dormant throughout the globe and emerge when conditions are favourable. It also means they can vanish as quickly as they arrive.

"Where did Sars 1 go? It’s just disappeared," he said "So we have to think about these things. We need to start researching the ecology of the virus, understanding how it originates and mutates.

"I think the virus was already here, here meaning everywhere. We may be seeing a dormant virus that has been activated by environmental conditions.

"There was a case in the Falkland Islands in early February. Now where did that come from? There was a cruise ship that went from South Georgia to Buenos Aires, and the passengers were screened and then on day eight, when they started sailing towards the Weddell Sea, they got the first case. Was it in prepared food that was defrosted and activated?

"Strange things like this happened with Spanish Flu. In 1918 around 30 per cent of the population of Western Samoa died of Spanish Flu, and they hadn’t had any communication with the outside world.

"The explanation for this could only be that these agents don’t come or go anywhere. They are always here and something ignites them, maybe human density or environmental conditions, and this is what we should be looking for."

Dr Jefferson believes that the virus may be transmitted through the sewage system or shared toilet facilities, not just through droplets expelled by talking, coughing and sneezing.

[...]

Mole is an idiot
    Liar.
    You are a mendacious liar.
    Same old. Same old misrepresentation
    I asked a civil question,
    Here's a civil answer:
    "No thank you. I don't enter into polite intercourse with people who, when contradicted, turn to insults and call me a liar. I especially don't enter into conversation with people who call teachers, nurses, police and fire service personel parasites".

I'd also question the motives for such a person suddenly, and unexpectedly, turning polite and, in addition, would be curious as to why such a person, who has repeatedly complained that I do not read their posts, would now think that I actually read their posts.

You clearly didnt read my posts.
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 05-07-2020 at 11:59 PM. Reason: I always spell personell wrong!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Interesting, I’ve seen various commments on that idea. Not all supportive.

Corona itself is likely China, but the postulation of very similar from earlier causing immunity is real.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...CXjrvJB_te5zC4

It could even account for German low rates. Because Germany requipped manufacturing China over a decade with a lot of back and forth. That may have brought Germany in contact with coronas that give more immunity years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    An interesting possibility.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e-emerged-asia

Coronavirus may have lain dormant across the world and emerged when environmental conditions were right for it to thrive - rather than starting in China, an Oxford University expert believes.

Dr Tom Jefferson, senior associate tutor at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (CEBM), at Oxford, and visiting professor at Newcastle University, argues that there is growing evidence that the virus was elsewhere before it emerged in Asia.

Last week, Spanish virologists announced they had found traces of the disease in samples of waste water collected in March 2019, nine months before the coronavirus disease was seen in China.

Italian scientists have also found evidence of coronavirus in sewage samples in Milan and Turin, in mid-December, many weeks before the first case was detected, while experts have found traces in Brazil in November.

Dr Jefferson believes that many viruses lie dormant throughout the globe and emerge when conditions are favourable. It also means they can vanish as quickly as they arrive.

"Where did Sars 1 go? It’s just disappeared," he said "So we have to think about these things. We need to start researching the ecology of the virus, understanding how it originates and mutates.

"I think the virus was already here, here meaning everywhere. We may be seeing a dormant virus that has been activated by environmental conditions.

"There was a case in the Falkland Islands in early February. Now where did that come from? There was a cruise ship that went from South Georgia to Buenos Aires, and the passengers were screened and then on day eight, when they started sailing towards the Weddell Sea, they got the first case. Was it in prepared food that was defrosted and activated?

"Strange things like this happened with Spanish Flu. In 1918 around 30 per cent of the population of Western Samoa died of Spanish Flu, and they hadn’t had any communication with the outside world.

"The explanation for this could only be that these agents don’t come or go anywhere. They are always here and something ignites them, maybe human density or environmental conditions, and this is what we should be looking for."

Dr Jefferson believes that the virus may be transmitted through the sewage system or shared toilet facilities, not just through droplets expelled by talking, coughing and sneezing.

[...]
    Last edited by Oracle; 05-07-2020 at 11:55 PM.

FFS

The forum has been in existence for more years than I can remember.

I've met some remarkable people.

The Forum is probably at the end of it's life

Banned
    I would support a ban of all political posting.
    It’s no more pleasant for those taking part,

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    FFS

The forum has been in existence for more years than I can remember.

I've met some remarkable people.

The Forum is probably at the end of it's life

This used to be a really nice place - now it's like Facebook

I've had enough