Page 26 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

All the best to BoJo, but it is poetic justice after the dog's dinner he done in handling it.

Banned
    And you are qualified on the basis of managing how many pandemics?
    None, That’s the problem.
    Too many people with opinions based on not a jot of knowledge or ability.

So you have no idea if it is a dogs dinner. You want to believe it is a dogs dinner because you look through political glasses.

You are Ready for recruitment by the lancet. The canary, or skwawkbox.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    All the best to BoJo, but it is poetic justice after the dog's dinner he done in handling it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 06-04-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    With respect...

If all the medics agreed Johnson would know which way to go, but they dont!
    So he took a decision, Someone had to, for which he deserves support.
    With respect...I respect decision makers. I am not criticising Johnson. Everything is politics.

I have been that expert adviser to Chief Executives ("tell me what I think") but I knew that ultimately it wasn't me carrying the can.

It is only when every one else is looking into their laps or arguing black and white that you discover what being the Chief really means.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    But in this case he is getting wildly conflicting advice,
    Imagine another two experts sat at the table with you, when all three of you disagree,
    Then put yourself in the shoes of the board.

I would lock them away and tell them they don’t get fed until they come to a consensus recommendation they all stand by. If all three starve, then there’s no shortage of experts!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    With respect...I respect decision makers. I am not criticising Johnson. Everything is politics.

I have been that expert adviser to Chief Executives ("tell me what I think") but I knew that ultimately it wasn't me carrying the can.

It is only when every one else is looking into their laps or arguing black and white that you discover what being the Chief really means.
    Last edited by Oracle; 06-04-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Agree all the best to him, and to be fair I think he’s done ok in a completely weird situation.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Oracle;659390]But in this case he is getting wildly conflicting advice,
    Imagine another two experts say at the table with you, when all three of you disagree,

I would lock them away and tell them they don’t get fed until they come to a consensus recommendation they all stand by. If all three starve, then there’s no shortage of experts![/QUOTE

My type of plan. Too many so call educated guesses not expert's.

I was very shocked at the news, I wish Boris all the best. He has had to make hugely difficult decisions in an impossible situation and kept working while he has been ill. Quite probably to the detriment of his own health.

I would lock them away and tell them they don’t get fed until they come to a consensus recommendation they all stand by. If all three starve, then there’s no shortage of experts!
    Ah The Prisoners' Dilemma!

Incidentally what has been interesting to me is the high profile given to behavioural science advisers.

So they advise Johnson what people will actually do and the government can build that assumption into their advice to get the outcome they will be happy with - which includes people catching the virus to build up immunity.

So the government knew that not everybody in the big cities would docilely accept the social distancing restrictions and they might be quite content with what is actually happening, although they cannot admit that, and so continue to threaten banning exercise etc.

People's behaviour eh? Always fascinating!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    [QUOTE=Stagger;659393]
    But in this case he is getting wildly conflicting advice,
    Imagine another two experts say at the table with you, when all three of you disagree,

I would lock them away and tell them they don’t get fed until they come to a consensus recommendation they all stand by. If all three starve, then there’s no shortage of experts![/QUOTE

My type of plan. Too many so call educated guesses not expert's.
    There can not be any experts on an unknown quantity.

Get well soon Boris we need you back at No 10 as soon as possible.
    Last edited by JohnK; 06-04-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Banned
    Ha ha ha so true