Page 166 of 357 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Thank you for this call to get fell races re-started.
    I really cannot see any reason why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I really cannot see any reason why not.
    In common with similar organisations one issue will be insurance cover, even assuming that relevant land owners and property owners are supportive of events going ahead, as well as others who may think they have a legitimate voice.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Heard a little about this yesterday. Guided to it by a tweet from Karol Sikora.

I read this and was appalled. It's from Oxford's CEBM & two very talented Professors
    @carlheneghan & Prof Loke.
    I just can't believe PHE could be so incompetent - it's scandalous.
    Read for yourselves.
    Judgement reserved until PHE comment- @PHE_uk?

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/why-no...tical-anomaly/
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Heard a little about this yesterday. Guided to it by a tweet from Karol Sikora.

I read this and was appalled. It's from Oxford's CEBM & two very talented Professors
    @carlheneghan & Prof Loke.
    I just can't believe PHE could be so incompetent - it's scandalous.
    Read for yourselves.
    Judgement reserved until PHE comment- @PHE_uk?

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/why-no...tical-anomaly/
    This is astonishing. I’ve wondered for a while why the UK’s apparent daily death toll from the virus is so much higher than other countries given our ever diminishing new confirmed case numbers. It never made any sense and now we know why. So while countries like Spain are fiddling their numbers down, we are fiddling them up!

Banned
    Typical to keep everyone suppressed.

Welcome to England twined with North Korea

I don’t think the government want people to be suppressed. They want them out spending money. That said they’ll kind of relish this as a reason to blame others and not themselves.

It just shows how government departments get flustered though. Early doors they weren’t counting deaths (clearly due to covid) if the final cause was say pneumonia brought on by covid. They swiftly changed that when it became public knowledge but are now potentially counting things skewed the other way 🙄

What is less clear though is just how many of those deaths there are and how much they’ve actually skewed the figures. Aren’t excess deaths (over the norm) still way up?

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I don’t think the government want people to be suppressed. They want them out spending money. That said they’ll kind of relish this as a reason to blame others and not themselves.

It just shows how government departments get flustered though. Early doors they weren’t counting deaths (clearly due to covid) if the final cause was say pneumonia brought on by covid. They swiftly changed that when it became public knowledge but are now potentially counting things skewed the other way ��

What is less clear though is just how many of those deaths there are and how much they’ve actually skewed the figures. Aren’t excess deaths (over the norm) still way up?
    I understood for several weeks deaths have been below the 5 year average suggesting that Covid 19 has "brought forward" the deaths of the very ill.

Or if you prefer: a benefit of Covid 19 has been that weekly deaths are now running below normal!

Everything is context.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I understood for several weeks deaths have been below the 5 year average suggesting that Covid 19 has "brought forward" the deaths of the very ill.

Or if you prefer: a benefit of Covid 19 has been that weekly deaths are now running below normal!

Everything is context.
    Yeah in the round I think you’re right Graham. That said for some regions of the U.K. excess deaths are still up - the north west for example and the East Midlands by the looks of things. A really good article on it all here -> https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...ross-countries
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 17-07-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Yeah in the round I think you’re right Graham. That said for some regions of the U.K. excess are still up - the north west for example and the East Midlands by the looks of things. A really good article on it all here -> https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...ross-countries
    Ever since The Economist printed the excellent Obituary of Bill Smith (The Economist!) I have been impressed with its trustworthiness - exceeded only by my respect for those who read it!
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 17-07-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Ever since The Economist printed the excellent Obituary of Bill Smith
    ...and here it is!
    ....it's all downhill from here.