Page 299 of 357 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    There are lots of studies suggesting positive effects of vitamin D on Covid. It’s early so it’s not established fact that this is the case. But vitamin D has positive effects anyway. Perhaps you could direct us all to some studies that suggests taking recommended doses will lead to the problems you have listed.
    Oi! He's my stalker. Go and get one of your own.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

On the stalking front though witton, just on this thread, you do kind of set yourself up for it. I suspect if you were to read back all of your posts in the past few months, most of them are about taking a disbelieving stance against what the ‘experts’ are predicting. The government have been so worried about upsetting their contrarian supporters like you (almost all, surprise surprise, to a man/woman ardent brexiteers ) that they mostly havent chosen to... until they have to by which time it’s too late
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 31-10-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    On the stalking front though witton, just on this thread, you do kind of set yourself up for it. I suspect if you were to read back all of your posts in the past few months, most of them are about taking a disbelieving stance against what the ‘experts’ are predicting. The government have been so worried about upsetting their contrarian supporters like you (almost all, surprise surprise, to a man/woman ardent brexiteers ) that they mostly havent chosen to... until they have to by which time it’s too late
    By the way, a contrarian supporter? Expand please.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

For my point a contrarian is a disbeliever of experts

And a contrarian supporter is a Tory contrarian supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    .....you do kind of set yourself up for it. I suspect if you were to read back all of your posts in the past few months, most of them are about taking a disbelieving stance against what the ‘experts’ are predicting.
    This was explained to him on post #2242, but he had flounced off in one of his huffs by then, so probably didn't read it.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    so.
    You post stuff on an internet forum. Someone disagrees with it. This is apparently bad.
    No, it's "maybe even hatred".
    You're one of the most prolific "virus sceptics" on here and have a tendency post material which is questionable, defending it as "scepticism" whilst criticising those who disagree as "narrow minded". Then you try and shut down disagreement by suggesting it's "discourteous" or not polite. Whilst accusing people (and not just me) of being "trolls".

If you want to be controversial, people are going to disagree with you. If you want to be "sceptical" of something which is, quite literally, a matter of life and death, then you might expect people to react strongly. Flouncing off in a huff is not a victory, or validation of your views.
    Disagreement isn't bad. I would say it's good. A sensible debate is what we should be having on the issue. But having an opinion that isn't aligned to SAGE and the Government is contrarian, or flat-earther.

Yes there are times when I (and I think others) detect a hatred in you Dave. Slime for example.

To suggest I'm a virus sceptic is incorrect. I'm sceptical of the way the UK has handled the virus, mostly since around May time.
    Pre May, whilst I disagreed with certain aspects I was broadly accepting that it was tough for the Government to do anything else other than lockdown.

I may use the world "troll" in an incorrect context. There are people on the forum who disagree with me who do not relentlessly make a bee-line for my posts to constantly counter them.
    It's seems to me a bit like a restaurant critic, repeatedly returning to dine in a restaurant that they do not like so they can give a poor review again and again.

You don't like me, you don't agree with me. I think that is clear. But I am entitled to my opinion and I will continue to put my opinions forward.

I just wish you had an opinion, other than you disagree with me, or Muddy, or Oracle.....
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

you regularly link to material which says that lockdown and facemasks had "no impact" on the spread of C-19. That's not scepticism. It's actually encouraging people not to wear them. One of the blogs you linked to earlier had "advice" about how to avoid wearing masks and provided a graphic to print out which claimed exemption. Your "sceptisism" leads you to claim supposed "huge problems" with testing, which turn out to be just plain wrong. You call those who don't agree with you "discourteous", not polite, "trolls", "stalkers". And now you're trying to divert attention away from your recent posts where you were also shown to be wrong.

As I pointed out a while ago: if you're going to post this guff, people are going to disagree with you.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I tend to think it has been wider spread. If it was detected and confirmed in China in December, it was probably there all Autumn and in Europe at least a few weeks before we thought.

I do trust the Government and Boris, and I'm following the guidelines. But I do think we've just slightly over reacted.

I've been inundated for the last few years with memes claiming Tory austerity killed 130,000. If there is any truth in this, then how many deaths will a 10-20% crash in the GDP of the UK and the aftermath cause regardless of CV?

I just hope they resist pressure to go further. The current restrictions are in my opinion far enough.
    Just for you Stolly. I thought I'd have a look back - weather's crap at the moment.

I was replying to MR who had posted a link to a Spectator article / Oxford study which most will recall, suggesting the community infection was fairly extensive.

I haven't really changed my position, except my trust in Boris and the Government has reduced since around middle of May.

I used to defend Whitty. But he is supposed to be CMO and he only seems to be fighting Covid. He needs to be fighting for the general well being of the UK population.

Consider this.

No More Marking have just assessed some year 7 students. Over 112,000 pupils from 644 schools in England took part in this assessment.

Findings: Year 7s are 22 months behind where we’d expect them to be at this time in the year.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    you regularly link to material which says that lockdown and facemasks had "no impact" on the spread of C-19. That's not scepticism. It's actually encouraging people not to wear them. One of the blogs you linked to earlier had "advice" about how to avoid wearing masks and provided a graphic to print out which claimed exemption. Your "sceptisism" leads you to claim supposed "huge problems" with testing, which turn out to be just plain wrong. You call those who don't agree with you "discourteous", not polite, "trolls", "stalkers". And now you're trying to divert attention away from your recent posts where you were also shown to be wrong.

As I pointed out a while ago: if you're going to post this guff, people are going to disagree with you.
    When it comes to guff, you know your onions.

You know that exemption card was actually recommended for my wife who has long-standing issues from childhood about having anything covering her face.
    Giving birth the midwife put the gas and air mask over her face and she launched it across the room.

The exemption card was recommended by our GP back in July.

I'm reverting back to silent mode with you now Dave and I think this time it will be permanent.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell