Page 297 of 357 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Yes taking vitamin D tablets is just like eating burgers obviously.

People will need different amounts depending on their circumstances. So for example BAME, elderly and overweight/obese people are much more likely to be vitamin D deficient than say a fit runner. I’m not saying that I’m a particularly fit runner at the moment but clearly other people will be more vitamin D deficient than me.

When I posted about vitamin D deficiency I thought that would be pretty uncontroversial on this forum, it’s not exactly Brexit after all. But obviously I was wrong!

As others are off thread I thought I would join in to say that the morbid offerings by Jim Morrison, Randy Newman and Bob Dylan are easily knocked into a cocked hat by Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Yes taking vitamin D tablets is just like eating burgers obviously.

People will need different amounts depending on their circumstances. So for example BAME, elderly and overweight/obese people are much more likely to be vitamin D deficient than say a fit runner. I’m not saying that I’m a particularly fit runner at the moment but clearly other people will be more vitamin D deficient than me.

When I posted about vitamin D deficiency I thought that would be pretty uncontroversial on this forum, it’s not exactly Brexit after all. But obviously I was wrong!
    Some of us appreciate your post's MR
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post

You weren't posting about vitamin D deficiency, you were posting about the effect of vitamin D on the ikelihood of contracting Covid and reducing the severity of it if you do get it.

The Spanish study found that, in a sample of 216 patients (in a population of over 1 million cases), "We did not find any relationship between vitamin D concentrations or vitamin deficiency and the severity of the disease".
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 30-10-2020 at 11:26 PM.

I see Belgium is the latest European country to go into a national lockdown. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54752194
    Although they're keeping schools open. That seems to be the favoured approach.

Will we follow suit? Politicians are now at the "not ruling it out stage". To be fair to them they weren't anticipating this level of spread: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54750775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    You weren't posting about vitamin D deficiency, you were posting about the effect of vitamin D on the ikelihood of contracting Covid and reducing the severity of it if you do get it.
    That’s how the discussion started, let’s recap. Fellbeast said he’d heard about a study which linked Covid to vitamin D deficiency. I responded to that saying many studies were suggesting this. Mike T said it could be association rather than causation. I acknowledged that was possible but even if that was the case addressing vitamin D deficiency would still be good anyway because of the other health benefits. But if on the other hand it did have a positive effect against Covid it would be a game changer.

Only you know why you took exception to this.

maybe Blackburn has more restaurants than the rest of the country?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-says-12118285
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Some of us appreciate your post's MR
    Thanks Llani.

Only you know why you took exception to this.
    because taking to much vitamin D can lead to hypercalcaemia, kidney damage/failure, heart damage, weakened bones, nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea...

And because a health professional on this forum also indicated the same.
    And because the ONE study that you cited found that it had basically no effect.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    As others are off thread I thought I would join in to say that the morbid offerings by Jim Morrison, Randy Newman and Bob Dylan are easily knocked into a cocked hat by Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch.
    Who said you don't find much humour on the Forum?

I mean...mentioning little willy Morrison in the same sentence as Randy Newman and Bob Dylan?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".