Page 343 of 343 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343
Results 3,421 to 3,426 of 3426

Thread: Coronavirus

You have to say that witton arguing covid on economic cost terms when he doesn’t give two hoots about the economic costs of brexit is playing a bit selective with economic cost

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371

leaving concerns about fake news blah, blah, blah to one side, I'm delighted to have been wrong about the possibility of a vaccine.

At the same time, I am also pleased to note that my stance on knowing your own Covid score or risk so you can take personal responsibility is gaining traction:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54251632
    I am Kuno....

And, yes, I am fool enough to trust the BBC to put out true and verifiable stories...................
    I am Kuno....

Master
    In some parts of the US, South Dakota to be specific, if 10 people get together, there is a 50% chance one of them has Covid. If people are selected randomly from the whole of the US, that number increases to 47 for the same 50% chance that one of them has it. We do know that indoors is high risk, especially if for a long time, close together, and if alcohol is involved - loud voices/shouting/singing.

It would be interesting if there was a risk calculator for the UK - put in the number of people, where they are from, and see what the risk of a xmas get-together would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    In some parts of the US, South Dakota to be specific, if 10 people get together, there is a 50% chance one of them has Covid. If people are selected randomly from the whole of the US, that number increases to 47 for the same 50% chance that one of them has it. We do know that indoors is high risk, especially if for a long time, close together, and if alcohol is involved - loud voices/shouting/singing.

It would be interesting if there was a risk calculator for the UK - put in the number of people, where they are from, and see what the risk of a xmas get-together would be.
    They dare not do one for fear of upsetting the usual suspects.

On the News tonight they were reporting that they are still trying to work out why Leicester has been hit so hard and been in almost permanent lockdown!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Ah but there was WW1 on as well in 1918, soo shutting UK industry down wasnÂ’t practical.