Page 98 of 357 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Only 7% have had Covid 19 so far.
    Mike

What is the source for that number which is, what, 4.5 million people?

Graham
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    - I suspect the reason there is anonymity is because people might be dissuaded from mentioning all their potential contacts otherwise. I'm not quite sure why you would call such a person "the accuser" either.

- Some people will not always be able to keep 2 metres apart, for example in certain work environments or public transport. Plus it's not just 2 metres for 15 minutes. Apparently it also applies if you've had direct contact with someone at only one metre, for example a conversation.

- I think the reason there is not testing for the people who have been contacted is because the tests can give a negative result when the virus is in the incubation phase. But you can still pass it on if you are asymptomatic.

So in light of the above Stagger, are you still not going to comply?
    Probably not.

Like I explained before, anonymity is not a reason.

Not testing me is not a reason

And I fall into the ground with less than 10% deaths.

So in the words of Cummings, I consider myself to be reasonable.

On tonight's news they were explaining Scotland's procedure for easing the lock down. The three named outdoor activities that are now allowed are sunbathing, golf and fishing.

At least they didn't call them sports!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Mike

What is the source for that number which is, what, 4.5 million people?

Graham
    I think Mike is probably referring to an ONS antibody study of 19,000 people, which found that 6.78% had had the virus. It was mentioned in the daily briefing today. If accurate, it is disappointingly low for any hope of herd immunity kicking in anytime soon.

I think Mike is probably referring to an ONS antibody study of 19,000 people, which found that 6.78% had had the virus. It was mentioned in the daily briefing today. If accurate, it is disappointingly low for any hope of herd immunity kicking in anytime soon.
    Thanks. I don't watch the daily briefing.

For some time the DT, worried that their remaining readership is fast approaching senility, have printed a broad red stripe across the top of the pages relating to Covid-9 : just in case their readers have not noticed recent events.

Pride of place on page 1 today obviously went to Emily "cat that got the cream-faced Maitlis" and there then followed eight red stripe pages. There was a time when the "red top" papers, the Sun et al, were viewed as outrageously biased and full of simplistic tosh but now, now...what was the point I was trying to make?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 28-05-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Master
    I think they may have been launching it anyway Stagger.

What will you do if you receive a call from one of the contract tracers asking you to self-isolate for 14 days?
    I'll answer that one. I'll drive 260 miles to Durham THEN I'll drive an additional 30 miles to test my eyesight.

Master
    That's perfectly true Stagger, but these will be the rules, which we are told will become enforceable if people don't comply voluntarily.

So how come you're so black and white with Cummings, when he thought his actions were the only option open to him? It seems like you will be quite happy to break the rules if they don't suit you.
    Give us a break Muddy and stop sucking up to Boris and his Chums it's so unedifying. He decided to drive his car to test his eyesight. Are you seriously comparing that excuse given by an intellectual in charge of government policy to what Stagger may do.

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    I'll answer that one. I'll drive 260 miles to Durham THEN I'll drive an additional 30 miles to test my eyesight.
    Or CL a better use of your time would be reading The Death of Marco Pantani by Matt Rendell.

And, as an added benefit, you would not then have time to be beastly horrid to Muddy Retriever!
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 28-05-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Master
    Thanks. I don't watch the daily briefing.

For some time the DT, worried that their remaining readership is fast approaching senility, have printed a broad red stripe across the top of the pages relating to Covid-9 : just in case their readers have not noticed recent events.

Pride of place on page 1 today obviously went to Emily "cat that got the cream-faced Maitlis" and there then followed eight red stripe pages. There was a time when the "red top" papers, the Sun et al, were viewed as outrageously biased and full of simplistic tosh but now, now...what was the point I was trying to make?
    Erm was it don't drive your car until you know you can see

Master
    Or CL a better use of your time would be reading The Death of Marco Pantani by Matt Rendell.

And, as an added benefit, you would not then have time to be beastly horrid to Muddy Retriever!
    I can't believe what I'm hearing from Muddy, Witton and Oracle. It's like they've had a Cummings moment in the intellectual realm.