Page 285 of 357 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post

Meanwhile, Dave Mole is loading up his packhorses with non-essential goods to smuggle across to the other side of Hergest Ridge . . .
    They'll NEVER take our bara brith!!!!?!

There was a pandemic in spring, new virus, no treatment, no question. But at the moment, as Dave Mole’s link helpfully shows, Covid simply seems to be displacing flu and pneumonia and it may do so all winter. The comparison with expected deaths over the five year average will tell. That is all.
    Last edited by Wetherby whaler; 24-10-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Given that Covid 19 messes with the immune system and it is mostly older folk that suffer the worst effects, it has set me to wondering if any research has/is being done into the possibility of a lifetime of immmunisation weakening the immune system, therefore when an older person that has 50, 60 years and more of being injected with all manner of man made cures for whatever contacts a natural virus such as Covid 19 the immune system has been weakened to such an extent that it cannot deal with it, whereas a younger person whose immune system is still relatively unadulterated suffers a lot less because there the immune system is stronger.

just a thought
    John K, a very interesting viewpoint. It could also be said that the older one is, the fewer vaccines one has generally taken (no MMR when I was a kid, you simply went to a measles party). However, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. The older one gets the fewer bugs one is exposed to as one’s social circle gets smaller (compare a casual multi-shagger, drug-abusing student with an elderly couple going out for a meal once a month). I know, I have been both in my time. People incarcerated in care homes are sitting ducks. My worry is that by all this distancing, sanitising and mask wearing, we are weakening our immune systems. Time to lick a dog poo bin.

"you're not a wolf, you're a pseudo-wolf created by false positives"
    ....it's all downhill from here.

We will lock all the flock in a shed for months on end without any access to veterinary care or the ability to show natural behaviour. Never mind a big proportion of the flock will die of coccidial or cryptosporidial disease or even that some might start to show extremely abnormal behaviour leading to loss of condition and disease, so long as the 0.2% chance of an individual sheep dying from the wolf is eradicated.

....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by brummievet View Post
    We will lock all the flock in a shed for months on end without any access to veterinary care or the ability to show natural behaviour. Never mind a big proportion of the flock will die of coccidial or cryptosporidial disease or even that some might start to show extremely abnormal behaviour leading to loss of condition and disease, so long as the 0.2% chance of an individual sheep dying from the wolf is eradicated.
    Battery hens and veal crates are the way forward
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Battery hens and veal crates are the way forward
    Put me in mind of this...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tj-QXey3gPk