Page 21 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned
    The country to watch is Sweden. It held fast in refusal to close schools and restaurants.
    We will see which countries self harmed.
    The ones who closed it all down, making massive future financial problems.
    Or the ones that stayed open, and solvent.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    So what are the fell running community doing to support local businesses who have supported us in our endeavours previously? We are their lifeblood.
    So, if you want to see your local running shop still trading or a big red van at a fell race in the future now is the time to support them.
    I know financial issues are a day to day reality at the moment but we need to do our bit if we can. I'm not going away on holiday next week so the money I have saved is going on a new pair of shoes from Pete Bland. Simple.

Banned
    I thought I saw pb say they were closing for foreseeable.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    So what are the fell running community doing to support local businesses who have supported us in our endeavours previously? We are their lifeblood.
    So, if you want to see your local running shop still trading or a big red van at a fell race in the future now is the time to support them.
    I know financial issues are a day to day reality at the moment but we need to do our bit if we can. I'm not going away on holiday next week so the money I have saved is going on a new pair of shoes from Pete Bland. Simple.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    They are still trading online currently offering 15% discount

Banned
    Very sensible. PB working from home👍

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    The country to watch is Sweden. It held fast in refusal to close schools and restaurants.
    We will see which countries self harmed.
    The ones who closed it all down, making massive future financial problems.
    Or the ones that stayed open, and solvent.
    Just read an article on that. It will be fascinating to see if their decision is vindicated or not.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...iftigniter-rhr

The article also says that of the 800 confimred cases on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, four fifths had either mild symptoms or none at all.

Banned
    My experience from Portugal is a substantial proportion have had it and it was annoying not desperate. At a time authorities said there were only 200 cases

Sadly in the uk boris wanted to go that way but , we have a vociferous minority who seem to think only the NHS matters who won’t be happy till 100 percent of GDP is spent there, they think the rest of the population Are non essential.

Do these people ever wonder where the money comes from to pay them? Read the article by whinger chief editor of the lancet. Wouldn’t matter what Boris did he would whinge.

So Boris would not have been allowed to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Just read an article on that. It will be fascinating to see if their decision is vindicated or not.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...iftigniter-rhr

The article also says that of the 800 confimred cases on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, four fifths had either mild symptoms or none at all.

Banned
    If I get Covid 19 I want the establishment/celebrity "mild symptoms" version, that comes with a free corona test.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    If I get Covid 19 I want the establishment/celebrity "mild symptoms" version, that comes with a free corona test.
    Whilst on the subject of celebrity it seems to me that every time I turn the television on, which isn't very often these days, there is a so called celebrity promoting themselves or there wares from their living room.The BBC cannot get enough of this of this crap. My other gripe is the news channels telling us what, again celebrities, are posting on twitter. I am not interested and if I was I would be on twitter.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

To manage the looming shortage, lab operators have called for an even stricter decision-making process for who gets tested and who doesn't. Only people who are at risk or showing symptoms should be tested, they argue. "At the moment, we're still testing way too many healthy people," says Borucki. Well over 90 percent of the tests evaluated by Bioscientia come back negative. "We're wasting valuable reagents."

Interesting view from Germany.
    https://www.spiegel.de/international...9-eb4364c43f2e
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell