Page 107 of 357 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    Since you took my post with such graciousness, I might (depending on how generous I feel) deliberately give you the opportunity to turn the tables in the future.
    Has graham got double trouble again?

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    BLM demonstration in London today and one of their many concerns/grievances is that black peoples lives are more at risk than white peoples from Coronavirus.
    Not quite sure what anyone can do about that, except be even more careful. I have been reading a little about the history of tuberculosis which is interesting in how devastating that was for centuries, here's something from it:

In 1900 it was estimated that the death rate for TB for white Americans was between 190 and 200 per 100,000. Among black Americans the comparable figure was 400 deaths per 100,000.

https://tbfacts.org/history-tb/
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    All lives matter Travs.

No need to add anything else.
    I never suggested that they didn't... just questioned what Lee Rigby's murder had to do with anything going on at the moment... didn't your post say "justice must be done"...? as far as i'm aware, the murderer(s) of Lee Rigby are in jail...

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I paid penance by listening to some Captain Beefheart...but only some, after which I felt so purged of sin after such excoriating self-flagellation that I rewarded myself with Schubert's Quintet in C.

On reflection it may be worth committing more solecisms.
    A man of catholic tastes indeed. I'm glad to have played my part in helping you to achieve your state of redemption. Personally, I chose to listen to some Van Morrison and Kelly Joe Phelps (separately), in preference to cutting the garden hedge, and have just chosen Grace Slick to listen to in the car to try to change the mood and fire me up on the way to the start of a run.

Grace Slick - Lovely voice, regularly listened to in this household.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    A man of catholic tastes indeed. I'm glad to have played my part in helping you to achieve your state of redemption. Personally, I chose to listen to some Van Morrison and Kelly Joe Phelps (separately), in preference to cutting the garden hedge, and have just chosen Grace Slick to listen to in the car to try to change the mood and fire me up on the way to the start of a run.
    Mmmh. I used to like Van Morrison*. Front row at a concert once in Hull - I could have touched the hem of the garment! But he has made the same album over and over for...nearly fifty years!

A steadily declining career from Astral Weeks? As with Orson Welles (Citizen Kane), Joseph Heller (Catch-22), Elvis Presley (Rock 'n' Roll). Does artistic genius develop with experience or just become a matter of improving technique?

After all ...even Dylan's best decades are behind him.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 03-06-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

* Dear Ivan has never quite developed into a decent human being and it was at that concert that he finished a song, stretched out his left arm and just let go of the neck of his Stratocaster.

Clearly the roady should have been there to catch it. Clearly.

The roady was at the side of the stage.

Simple physics came into play.

I then heard the clatter of a expensive guitar bouncing up and down, saw the death look from The Man and the look of fear in the roady's eyes.

Rock 'n' roll? All human life is there!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    R rate for North East and Yorkshire still highest in the country.

I know our friend Stagger is looking forward to his holiday in Turkey but I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want to go anywhere near an airport, never mind get on an aeroplane, in the current climate.

Having said that, I hope you enjoy your holiday Stagger and return safe and sound and nicely refreshed.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I know our friend Stagger is looking forward to his holiday in Turkey but I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want to go anywhere near an airport, never mind get on an aeroplane, in the current climate.

Having said that, I hope you enjoy your holiday Stagger and return safe and sound and nicely refreshed.
    Thanks for your concern.

I've always been a bit of a gambler.

Oh

And crackers