Page 298 of 357 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    As far as I remember (which isn't very far at all) I haven't heard Land of Dreams. But I've just ordered it from World of Books for £3.59 (with free p&p). At that price it had better be good.
    It is. (Spoiler alert. Some of the geographical descriptions of New Orleans are not literally true).

As for your £3.59 - have you never heard of Spotify? It has saved me £thousands and from ever buying anything by the Doors.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    because taking to much vitamin D can lead to hypercalcaemia, kidney damage/failure, heart damage, weakened bones, nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea...

And because a health professional on this forum also indicated the same.
    And because the ONE study that you cited found that it had basically no effect.
    There are lots of studies suggesting positive effects of vitamin D on Covid. It’s early so it’s not established fact that this is the case. But vitamin D has positive effects anyway. Perhaps you could direct us all to some studies that suggests taking recommended doses will lead to the problems you have listed.
    Last edited by Muddy Retriever; 30-10-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    There are lots of studies suggesting positive effects of vitamin D on Covid.
    care to provide some evidence of this?
    because apparently
    it’s not established fact
    whereas the effects of taking too much vitamin D are well documented and I've linked to them already, even if you're too lazy to follow them.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    As others are off thread I thought I would join in to say that the morbid offerings by Jim Morrison, Randy Newman and Bob Dylan are easily knocked into a cocked hat by Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch.
    I guess you're not much of a fan of Leonard Cohen either, are you? Personally, I like a good morbid offering - Warren Zevon's The Wind is a good one.

But if you like a bit of humour with your morbid offering you'd be hard pressed to beat this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbhYqV17CoQ

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    It is. (Spoiler alert. Some of the geographical descriptions of New Orleans are not literally true).

As for your £3.59 - have you never heard of Spotify? It has saved me £thousands and from ever buying anything by the Doors.
    I did used to listen on Spotify some years ago but something happened and I couldn't log on anymore so I just lost the habit. Besides, I didn't like the adverts and was too much of a tightwad to pay for a 'premium' service. Or are things different these days?

I guess you're not much of a fan of Leonard Cohen either, are you? Personally, I like a good morbid offering - Warren Zevon's The Wind is a good one.

But if you like a bit of humour with your morbid offering you'd be hard pressed to beat this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbhYqV17CoQ
    Leonard Cohen? Had his first three albums...although he then went off a bit.

I stepped into an avalance, it covered up my soul.

I did used to listen on Spotify some years ago but something happened and I couldn't log on anymore so I just lost the habit. Besides, I didn't like the adverts and was too much of a tightwad to pay for a 'premium' service. Or are things different these days?
    No. Tightwads still thrive.

Just had to go and listen to Avalanche!

Actually, that's similar to me with Cohen - it was his first few albums I've got and I didn't listen to much else of his until he was closer to the end! And then I got Live in London and You Want It Darker. I also bought the DVD of Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love a couple of weeks ago, but haven't felt in the mood to even get around to taking it out of its cellophane wrapper yet, much less actually play it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    There are lots of studies suggesting positive effects of vitamin D on Covid. It’s early so it’s not established fact that this is the case. But vitamin D has positive effects anyway. Perhaps you could direct us all to some studies that suggests taking recommended doses will lead to the problems you have listed.
    https://www.thennt.com/nnt/vitamin-d...-nursing-home/

A totally different context - but the the NNT and NNH are the same - number needed to treat and number needed to harm - at 36.

Some sources that recommend supplements - and at higher doses than those recommended by the NHS - are funded by the supplement manufacturers themselves.

Master

Dear Heather, and Anjani Blue Alert are both pretty good.