Page 105 of 357 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    A fine album, I've always wondered if it was inspired by Vaughan Williams piece The Lark Ascending
    A classic album really, although hardly mainstream. In all honesty I've always believed it was inspired by LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I have heard from a source (which i won't name) that one of the popular late autumn fell races (which i also won't name) is planned to go ahead this year.

It's not much, and it's certainly not my guarantee, nor even my words or views. Just what i was told from a reliable source.
    T of P?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    T of P?
    That's what i heard... surprised me as i believe it's a popular race in the region of 400 starters...

I'm certainly hoping that some races will be able to go ahead long before that. But i wasn't surprised that Borrowdale fell by the wayside, considering how popular it is.

That's what i heard... surprised me as i believe it's a popular race in the region of 400 starters...

I'm certainly hoping that some races will be able to go ahead long before that. But i wasn't surprised that Borrowdale fell by the wayside, considering how popular it is.
    I think a key factor in races going ahead will have a lot to do with whether the RO has a "can do" attitude or not!

Master

It's not much, and it's certainly not my guarantee, nor even my words or views. Just what i was told from a reliable source.
    Prety much sums up the content of the entire thread
    Last edited by JohnK; 02-06-2020 at 08:24 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    A fine album, I've always wondered if it was inspired by Vaughan Williams piece The Lark Ascending
    There's a trip down memory lane I had completely forgotten about.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

On tonight's local news a slimy looking car dealer was getting excited about his showroom now being open and talking about the changes that customers would notice. He also said that "test drives would be discouraged".

I wouldn't have thought he was going to sell many cars as only a drongo would buy one without a test drive!

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    On tonight's local news a slimy looking car dealer was getting excited about his showroom now being open and talking about the changes that customers would notice. He also said that "test drives would be discouraged".

I wouldn't have thought he was going to sell many cars as only a drongo would buy one without a test drive!
    [/QUOTE]

Mmmh. I have driven nothing but Mercedes C-Class for over 25 years. I didn't test drive any of them. I didn't test drive my Citroen SM either (82,000 miles in 2 1/2 years), or my Cosworth Scorpio,...

Is it too late to start?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    So that's why cook hasn't been able to get hold of lark's tongues in aspic!
    I'm repeatedly amazed at the erudition of the contributors to this forum. I had no idea that a lark has more than one tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    I'm repeatedly amazed at the erudition of the contributors to this forum. I had no idea that a lark has more than one tongue.
    You've done well to be so repeatedly amazed after such a short time on the forum.

Welcome - love the first post by the way
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell