Thread: Coronavirus

Super Moderator
    It sounded blooming ace mind!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I think the 12 was Donnie not Anthony Travs
    Travs is so used to threads going off topic on this Forum, it never occurred to him that I might still be referring to the subject raised by the OP.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    Especially confusing when the posts were about actual running, in mountains, rather than the much more interesting topics often discussed on here
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Banned
    In an attempt to get the virus thread back on track, what about this for an idea.

Ok so let me get this right! Boris & his clan are considering a lock down of all (vulnerable people) between the age of 50 - 70 should there be a threat of a second wave of the virus. Here’s the thing BoJo, who exactly are you shielding us from? Could it be the hundreds of young people gathering at illegal raves, having house parties, going to pubs where after a few pints of Stella social distancing goes right out the window. Teenagers basking in the sunshine in the centre of town drinking copious amounts of alcohol ( Fact)!!! Parliament decided that a few years ago that I’m fit enough to work until I’m 67 before I can retire. Also I think you’ll find that the majority of people in their 50’s & 60’s have adhered to all the rules concerning the lockdown in the hope that the day would come sooner rather than later for them to be with their families again. So here’s a suggestion for you, how about a full lock down for the majority of people under the age of 30 who believe they are immune to this virus. You might just get a result.

Banned
    Has another post just vanished in regards to masks wearing?

I might as well just call it a day Trev.
    You can't get more Covid relevant than mask wearing at the moment, but the thought police clearly have an issue.
    If you don't have the *right* opinion, you get cancelled.
    That's moderation for you.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Pity the moderation police don't tell you who has deleted it and under what grounds.

I read the post about masks for victims and spoke with my partner who is a highly trained psychotherapist. She agreed with the post that it would be massively detrimental to the wearer.

Come on moderation hold your hand up?
    Last edited by Stagger; 11-08-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Freeing the under 45's from restriction and applying increasing restriction the older or iller you are is the only way out of this. The old folks need to get over their resentment of the young ones having fun and realise that they have to look after their own safety.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Freeing the under 45's from restriction and applying increasing restriction the older or iller you are is the only way out of this. The old folks need to get over their resentment of the young ones having fun and realise that they have to look after their own safety.
    everyone has to look after their own safety. open up, let people get on with it as they see fit.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    everyone has to look after their own safety. open up, let people get on with it as they see fit.
    And while they’re at it potentially spread the disease to others!

We’re this far in and still people don’t comprehend the very basics - this is as much about not passing covid on as it’s about not catching it,