Page 350 of 357 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Having “autumn seasons” that are worse than at present means naff all though. We’re having a bad ‘season’ with a 4 week lockdown, following on from months of social distancing and the small matter of a 3 month lockdown in the spring. This season would’ve have been a nightmare without all that don’t you think?

On a positive note though the ZOE app is showing really positive falls over all regions

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    What data are you referring to here WP?
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...000/2015-11-25
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Having “autumn seasons” that are worse than at present means naff all though. We’re having a bad ‘season’ with a 4 week lockdown, following on from months of social distancing and the small matter of a 3 month lockdown in the spring. This season would’ve have been a nightmare without all that don’t you think?
    The bad "season" pre-dates the 4 week lockdown if you accept the Government figures.

It doesn't pre-date the distancing though, but is the problem among the likes of you and me Stolly? It seems the majority that are in hospital "with" covid are catching it there or coming from a care home.

As for the 3 month lockdown in the Spring - what did it achieve? Less community resistance almost certainly which left us more exposed in the Autumn.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Or choose your doctor with care. My practice has a dozen GPs but I only let the hockey playing (nearly lost his licence driving his Porsche) chap near my body.
    A Porsche? I've always considered people who drive a Porsche in the UK to be rather vulgar. I'm not sure I'd trust a Porsche-driving doctor even to wipe my backside, never mind look after any other part of my body. And I would have thought you'd want your GP to cycle in to the surgery every day. On a Bianchi.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    A Porsche? I've always considered people who drive a Porsche in the UK to be rather vulgar. I'm not sure I'd trust a Porsche-driving doctor even to wipe my backside, never mind look after any other part of my body. And I would have thought you'd want your GP to cycle in to the surgery every day. On a Bianchi.
    Well I consult him about my knees but oddly...he sold the Porsche before he appeared in court and said he had since been cycling to work but pleaded not to lose his license because of the affect it would have on his patients.

The make of bike was not reported in the Ilkley Gazette. I assume it was not a Porsche (available from a mere £2500!).
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 29-11-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

We had a Porsche driving vet up in Llani, not the most practical vehicle for remote farms in mid Wales but he certainly enjoyed driving it
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    We had a Porsche driving vet up in Llani, not the most practical vehicle for remote farms in mid Wales but he certainly enjoyed driving it
    Well obviously being a gentleman of refinement and gravitas I despise Porsche drivers but I do look at the Panamera and think "Well I could get my bike in the back of that so it would be quite practical"
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 29-11-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well obviously being a gentleman of refinement and gravitas I despise Porsche drivers but I do look at the Panamera and think "Well I could get my bike in the back of that so it would be quite practical"
    I thought you were meant to ride a bike, not drive about with it in the boot of a Porsche from cafe to cafe. Though I suppose at a certain age one may legitimately let standards slip.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I thought you were meant to ride a bike, not drive about with it in the boot of a Porsche from cafe to cafe. Though I suppose at a certain age one may legitimately let standards slip.
    Well I certainly hope so.

I am quite looking forward to being "a certain age" because maintaining my current high standards is, frankly, sometimes a bit of a trial.