Page 97 of 357 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post

So how come you're so black and white with Cummings, when he thought his actions were the only option open to him? It seems like you will be quite happy to break the rules if they don't suit you.
    Broke the rules on Durham trip.
    Lied about police intervention.
    Went to Bernard Castle breaking rules again.
    Lied that he been to the castle.
    Said in recorded footage he didn't care what people thought.

And you think in all honesty I'm going to listen and follow a tw@t like that.

Balls in my sack and spunk in my balls.

Now is the time to be man and stand up for what's right, sensible and honest.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrump View Post
    On both counts - really?
    Ha ha ha probably a bit over grown in places and man enough for people to know who I am.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Once did a race from a YH in the lakes where we were set off at time intervals.
    Thats my thought. Overtaking must be a wide birth , and decisive like in cycling time trials.
    That way can social distance the start in 2m intervals, 10 seconds apart. In half an hour can get 180 over the line. Easier for marshalls too!

I dont know if anyone has noticed, but all mountain marathons do this.

We did the reverse on a club race, where handicaps were used to aim at all finishing together..

If you were really to risk assess all these race format scenarios, against the traditional race format, I can't see that there is any difference based in reality. It's only based on a theoretical and probably historical scenario that is a few weeks out of date now.

The only difference is if you still consider that COVID is out there in a significant way in the general public, and the figures don't back that up.

The authorities are now struggling to get people to test - my daughter and her partner were offered tests in Warrington this week - purely because she's a key worker (tenuous - she works ) and they turned up on Monday and had the results (negative) before they left, a matter of minutes.

The vaccination trials are seemingly struggling to find people infected who meet the criteria to be involved in the tests.

Perhaps we can have a system were all fell runners attending a race are offered a place in a vaccination trial?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Never mind fishing Moley, when is Wales going to be open so that I can go "home"!
    All waiting on tomorrows announcement, but I'm not over optimistic there will be much freedom of movement here. Probably aim to keep the English out still, but maybe ex-pats will be alowed back in if you show your passport when crossing Offas Dyke
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Well Keswick market is provisionally planned to open a week today. I know i'd find it a lot easier to keep a little distance on a fell race than Keswick Town Centre...!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    That would not work because the fastest runners would have to go first to avoid overtaking so the slowest would be last to start. The marshals would be out for even longer.
    I am assuming only shorter races would run to begin with, although adding half an hour to a long race is neither here nor there. Reduced fields would help to mitigate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    1. I think the reason they will give is that an infected person has contacted them to say they were within 2 metres of you for 15 minutes. You won't necessarily know who that is because the contract trace system is supposed to guarantee anonymity.
    What a daft idea not naming the accuser.

To think that I had broken social distancing rules for 15 or more minutes would make me daft too.

I would deserve to catch it.

No name, no test so no self isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    What a daft idea not naming the accuser.

To think that I had broken social distancing rules for 15 or more minutes would make me daft too.

I would deserve to catch it.

No name, no test so no self isolation.
    - I suspect the reason there is anonymity is because people might be dissuaded from mentioning all their potential contacts otherwise. I'm not quite sure why you would call such a person "the accuser" either.

- Some people will not always be able to keep 2 metres apart, for example in certain work environments or public transport. Plus it's not just 2 metres for 15 minutes. Apparently it also applies if you've had direct contact with someone at only one metre, for example a conversation.

- I think the reason there is not testing for the people who have been contacted is because the tests can give a negative result when the virus is in the incubation phase. But you can still pass it on if you are asymptomatic.

So in light of the above Stagger, are you still not going to comply?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    If you were really to risk assess all these race format scenarios, against the traditional race format, I can't see that there is any difference based in reality. It's only based on a theoretical and probably historical scenario that is a few weeks out of date now.

The only difference is if you still consider that COVID is out there in a significant way in the general public, and the figures don't back that up.

The authorities are now struggling to get people to test - my daughter and her partner were offered tests in Warrington this week - purely because she's a key worker (tenuous - she works ) and they turned up on Monday and had the results (negative) before they left, a matter of minutes.

The vaccination trials are seemingly struggling to find people infected who meet the criteria to be involved in the tests.

Perhaps we can have a system were all fell runners attending a race are offered a place in a vaccination trial?
    Infected people are excluded from vaccine trials. They will want people who are at higher than average risk of catching it, to get meaningful results sooner.
    Only 7% have had Covid 19 so far.
    There are 54,000 new infected people a week. About 1 in 400 have it at any given time. It is not going to go away in a hurry.