Page 160 of 357 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    18 weeks of shopping at local tesco and now our PM say we should wear masks in shops???

Strange to say that now.
    I won't be. Bonkers.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Not really, the scientific evidence has been somewhat vague and changing with interpretation. I think it makes a lot of people feel happier and safer to be doing what they see other people doing in other countries, so he's now simply going along with what (majority) of people want. It is no big deal if the shopkeepers feel safer if customers wear them, then so be it, but personally Im happy to simply not go close to others - keep my distance.
    Can't see what the fuss is about, we've got some in the car for if needed, but never worn one yet.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

"I won't be."

Hope you can afford the £100 a pop, then 😊

I think there will be potentially £100 fine for non-compliance too so I imagine, whether you agree or not, people will wear masks in shops. There’s a sort of logic in that, with social distancing relaxing and businesses getting going again, wearing masks will be a small (and sensible) price to pay. I think there’s a lot of evidence to show that masks do reduce the spread of the virus to be fair

"I think there’s a lot of evidence to show that masks do reduce the spread of the virus to be fair".

It's that thing, isn't it: that even if the evidence isn't especially equivocal, that even if there's a possibility that they may help it's probably a good thing to wear them if you can't socially distance /are in an enclosed space.

If they don't help, then so what? But if they do.......

I'll be doing a big shop on the 23rd.

After that I'll be wearing a buff if I go in a shop and pretend that there is horizontal sleet blowing down the frozen food aisle.

I just hope they don't make me wear one in the pub!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 13-07-2020 at 11:39 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I'll be wearing a motorcycle helmet if I have to go in a shop.

Just consider.
    Today I cannot go in to a shop with a motorcycle helmet on.
    Today I don't have to wear any face covering to enter a shop, and shop workers also the same.
    On the 24th July if the date is accurate that flips over.

BONKERS!

As far as the evidence of benefit, we've been told for months it's flimsy.

But what about evidence it's harmful. Has anyone looked at that?

What possible risk might there be in the public wearing PPE that they haven't been trained in the use of?

The idea is that the mouth covering restricts the transfer of CV by catching it in the covering. So that means there is likely to be a build up in that face covering.
    It would be like a super-accelerated petri dish. With each breath getting a fresh blast of nice, warm, moist breath and COVID.
    Not only the COVID, but what about the other potential lurgies that could be caught and grow on that face covering for an hour, including maybe fungi or mildew.

So you don't have it, you contact someone with it and it hits your face covering. Would you be better off with just the one or two inhalations that your system might deal with, or with a one hour incubated dose growing on a mask and being inhaled every few seconds for a prolonged period?

Consider this.
    CV.jpg
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Due to a lack of cases in this area our local surgery has anounced today that it will be opening it's waiting room again for appointments (we waited in the car park and were called in or seen in a mountain rescue tent in car park). But they have said they think it best if patients please wear masks when attending, ideally bring their own but if not they will provide.
    I don't see this as a sudden shift in policy or the GPs are indecissive, or even what is different today the 14th July from yesterday? But just in the balance and given whatever evidence they have to sift through and discussed with their staff - as it is not all about the clients, but also the staff - that in balance it is now probably a better idea to wear in enclosed spaces. As I said, no big deal for me, I don't like the face masks but I'll wear one and get over it.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

Just consider.
    Today I don't have to wear any face covering to enter a shop, and shop workers also the same.

BONKERS!

What possible risk might there be in the public wearing PPE that they haven't been trained in the use of?

The idea is that the mouth covering restricts the transfer of CV by catching it in the covering. So that means there is likely to be a build up in that face covering.
    It would be like a super-accelerated petri dish. With each breath getting a fresh blast of nice, warm, moist breath and COVID.
    Not only the COVID, but what about the other potential lurgies that could be caught and grow on that face covering for an hour, including maybe fungi or mildew.

So you don't have it, you contact someone with it and it hits your face covering. Would you be better off with just the one or two inhalations that your system might deal with, or with a one hour incubated dose growing on a mask and being inhaled every few seconds for a prolonged period?

Consider this.
    CV.jpg
    Snowflake 😉

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

Just consider.

BONKERS!

Consider this.
    CV.jpg
    Doses of Covid cannot grow on masks - they need to be inside cells to grow.

Cloth masks interfere with exhaling CO2? - er - no.

We are constantly inhaling fungi and mildew - our immune systems know how to deal with it.

As has been said, if you dislike masks you will not be impressed with being ventilated.

I wear a mask to protect you .....