Page 13 of 357 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I'm still expecting that I will get back to racing fitness just in time for when all public gatherings such as fell races are banned because of COVID19.
    Well, that's one prediction that's gone badly wrong. I'm nowhere near racing fitness yet!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    fuelled by rags like the Mail
    I can't speak for the Mail as I don't read it. But the two worst cases I've seen were Beth Rigby asking the press conference how many were going to die, and then this Professor Ashton who's been doing the rounds promoting a coup.

I think had the football gone ahead last week as the horse racing, rugby etc. there would not have been the rush to the shops there was.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Yes I suppose I could read the Mail article (I did) or I could know (from experience) that all major paper mills no longer stockpile parent reels like in days of old as storage space costs money, I do agree though people need to stop panic buying it’s complete lunacy ironically fuelled by rags like the Mail
    They said 50 million in storage? almost 1 per uk bum for a company that supplies only 30 percent of the market, so it sounds like 3 per bum across the market. A weeks supply? How much do we all use? It is not gastro enteritis, which can imagine spikes demand. But 3 per bum is more than JIT . And they are upping production to meet demand.. Have to admit I studiously avoid the mail. But it sometimes comes up in news aggregators, which is how I came to read that.
    Last edited by Oracle; 17-03-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    They said 50 million in storage? almost 1 per uk bum for a company that supplies only 30 percent of the market, so it sounds like 3 per bum across the market. A weeks supply? How much do we all use? It is not gastro enteritis, which can imagine spikes demand. But 3 per bum is more than JIT . And they are upping production to meet demand.. Have to admit I studiously avoid the mail. But it sometimes comes up in news aggregators, which is how I came to read that.
    I agree, it’s virtually impossible to run out, a machine will turn out two of the parent reels in 20-25 mins, I suppose the issue is with people who come down with the illness (and those who don’t but fancy a two week break) lose those people and you lose the machine... although also studiously avoiding the Mail the website is my go to place to check out what Rita Ora is wearing this week or what the cast of Towie are up to

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    and then this Professor Ashton who's been doing the rounds promoting a coup
    Google OMM 2008 - he has form.
    Even I don't know who The Grump is.
    I. Bickerstaff

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I suggest you read what the loo roll manufacturers have to say in such as Manchester. Article in mail.
    They are geared up to cope for fluctuation,
    They see no reason for stockpile.

The biggest threat is the lunacy of acceding to the idiocy of (such as) shutting down schools, so the useful people in the economy have to stay home look after kids. Interruption of manufacture and supply of essential materials would be a disaster.

We need can do mentality.
    I'm starting to wonder how this nation survived the blitz! The key back then was strong leadership from old Winny, no such thing seems to be getting channelled by Boris. Where's the positivity gone? The media are doing nothing but telling us all how scared we all are; calmness is more infectious than any viral epidemic. This crisis is laying bare the inadequecies of a self-limiting and powerless western lifestyle in which your own personal power is dictated to you by the nation's media outlets, and your self-worth is defined by a comparison to Spencer and Vogue off the telly box.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Local Tesco trip tonight just made me angry, no bread, no toilet roll, no yeast, no porridge, I bet the majority of the goons buying all of this couldn’t make a loaf of bread and would normally turn their noses up at a bowl of porridge, plus the local Curry’s has sold out of chest freezers, total lunacy!!! to pick up on your thread Mr B, people’s lives are now governed by what they see online, it’s crazy

Banned
    True.
    Bookface is a terrible thing.

Our two lives are very much governed by reality and not what we see and read on-line. But talking of real life, The Archers hasn't caught up with CV yet. I mean, like, what's going on, are there no cases in Borsetshire?
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Haven't the people of Italy suffered enough?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...vid-19-968865/
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell