Page 106 of 357 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    I'm repeatedly amazed at the erudition of the contributors to this forum. I had no idea that a lark has more than one tongue.
    Ah! So people do read my posts!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Larks’ tongues in retrospect

BLM demonstration in London today and one of their many concerns/grievances is that black peoples lives are more at risk than white peoples from Coronavirus.

So what do they do, gather in their thousands in breach of the social distancing guidelines. Press and TV journalists in amongst them.

Those who were wildly misreporting and hounding Dominic Cummings, especially the BBC, have gone very quiet in their condemnation of the event.

One rule for one etc........
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    BLM demonstration in London today and one of their many concerns/grievances is that black peoples lives are more at risk than white peoples from Coronavirus.

So what do they do, gather in their thousands in breach of the social distancing guidelines. Press and TV journalists in amongst them.

Those who were wildly misreporting and hounding Dominic Cummings, especially the BBC, have gone very quiet in their condemnation of the event.

One rule for one etc........
    Last week The Times was challenged on its photographer's participation in the scrum outside DC's house.

The response was that it withdrew him; and printed a Press Association picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Ah! So people do read my posts!
    Since you took my post with such graciousness, I might (depending on how generous I feel) deliberately give you the opportunity to turn the tables in the future.

Banned
    Remember Lee Rigby?

Banned
    No murder is right. Race shouldn't even come in to it.

Justice most be done.

Wasn't Lee Rigby murdered by two radical Muslims (whether they were indeed ever linked to Isis etc i don't know).

Not sure what that's got to do with the Black Lives Matter protests, or the current shocking goings-on in America.

Having said that, yes the fact that a large demonstration appears to be happening without any condemnation is pretty appalling.

No surprise though... i recall hundreds of public/police/NHS all gathering together in a crowd on Westminster Bridge to clap every thursday, when everyone else was being told to "Stay Home and Save Lives".

Banned
    All lives matter Travs.

No need to add anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    Since you took my post with such graciousness, I might (depending on how generous I feel) deliberately give you the opportunity to turn the tables in the future.
    I paid penance by listening to some Captain Beefheart...but only some, after which I felt so purged of sin after such excoriating self-flagellation that I rewarded myself with Schubert's Quintet in C.

On reflection it may be worth committing more solecisms.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 03-06-2020 at 03:23 PM.