Page 162 of 357 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

go back to Narnia you weirdo
    ....it's all downhill from here.

You were.. perhaps inadvertently. Check your tone. Just friendly advice!😉

Well they've got rid of Oracle it seems, so I suppose I'm the next logical target.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

WP, if you found the tone of that response in any way attacking, baiting or otherwise "having a go", then I wholeheartedly and unreservedly apologise.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

fair enough. I'll have a look at the info later. Still working on orders. Manic for over 2 months now, in a good way.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

A quote on the radio this morning (sorry can't remember who it was) was that one of the main reasons, over and above whatever the actual benefits may or may not be, was that they wanted to boost the economy by increasing people's confidence to go in to shops. In reality I suspect it might do the opposite and people may be more inclined to avoid speculative browsing etc and only shop for essentials.

I think another point to consider is that if susceptibility is related to how well developed our immune systems are, as fellrunners we probably have an advantage. We are used to regularly drinking from random streams and shoving anything edible in our mouths with mucky sweaty hands - including assorted foodstuffs dropped by runners in front.

Nice one Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    I think another point to consider is that if susceptibility is related to how well developed our immune systems are, as fellrunners we probably have an advantage. We are used to regularly drinking from random streams and shoving anything edible in our mouths with mucky sweaty hands - including assorted foodstuffs dropped by runners in front.
    We're also likely to be well topped up with Vitamin D, (research suggests some COVID related benefits apparently) as we tend to spend plenty of time outdoors. Indeed, it could be one of those rare occasions when being a sloooow plodder, such as myself, could be a distinct advantage perhaps .

Seriously though, I've just been listening to the pm prog. on Radio 4 and they commented on today's COVID report (sorry can't remember the title) about the Government and all of us preparing now for a likely second wave and the added complication with seasonal flu over the cold winter period. Seems clear that this virus is going to run well into next year and it's not a case of "it'll all be over by Christmas".

For those interested in prepping, Lakeland Cosmetics do 5L containers of hand santizer gel or rub. £35 on Amazon.https://www.amazon.co.uk/80-Alcohol-...744311&sr=8-16

I bought some in April, when everyone else was asking stupid rip-off prices for the same stuff, and it seems a good product (WHO formula) with next day delivery for free.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    A quote on the radio this morning (sorry can't remember who it was) was that one of the main reasons, over and above whatever the actual benefits may or may not be, was that they wanted to boost the economy by increasing people's confidence to go in to shops. In reality I suspect it might do the opposite and people may be more inclined to avoid speculative browsing etc and only shop for essentials.
    I heard that this was the reason they were doing it too. The Government is panicking because not enough people are going to the shops. Like you, I think it could have the opposite effect and discourage people from shopping on spec.

Certainly it seems odd from a health perspective to be making masks mandatory now given the low incidence of the virus at the moment and when it was rife back in March and April we didn’t have to wear them. Indeed at the time the stated belief was that masks might make people complacent and not socially distance.

A friend of mine who works in an off licence texted me today. She was not happy not only because she would have to wear a mask all day herself but also the issue of enforcing compliance from some of her customers. Some of the regulars are interesting characters to say the least.