Page 132 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    The opposite is true. The forum was a breeding ground for liberal woke, pro remain, pro corbynite anti tory insults. It was part of forum Credo to denigrate Boris with Guardian fiction, despite the mandate, without ever having researched him. Witton was one of the few to react to attempt to "level the playing field" pointing out a few remainer fallacies repeated so often they had wrongly gained the status of fact. The woke of the forum collected around him like antibodies, to reject such an alien view.

The problem is of course, Flems expressions and extracts from the unused parts of the oxford dictionay, are so similar to Graham and unlike anyone else, it is hard to reach any other conclusion! "Flem" could have added a few more "yorkshire" expressions and a little less high brow, to at least maintain an illusion of difference! Hyde sounds far too like Jeckyll.
    Haha pretty much everything written there is rubbish 😊

Haha pretty much everything written there is rubbish
    You caught on quick!

liberal woke, pro remain, pro corbynite anti tory insults.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    You'll soon see why I gave up posting on here....
    So I'm not you, then?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Haha pretty much everything written there is rubbish ��
    I think we all agree with that. We disagree on the matter of where the small kernel of truth is.

Slightly off-topic, I know, but I remember the first time I saw Bob Dylan perform, at the Bradford Town Hall in 1962. I was conversing with Mr Dylan backstage after the event, and I asked him what he thought could be done to improve safety in fell running. He looked at me for a few seconds and said, rather enigmatically I thought, "Graham, the answer is blowing in the wind, my friend' and then he hit me over the head with his guitar. By the time I'd recovered he'd gone, so I wasn't able to ask him how he knew my name. That conundrum stayed with me down the years until recently when, as I was cycling along the towpath of the Leeds-Liverpool canal, past the detritus of our once impressive engineering heritage, I realised that, at the time I'd spoken to Mr Dylan, I had still been wearing my name badge from the 3rd International Conference on Management in Fell Running held at the Ilkley School of Management where, earlier in the day, I'd made the keynote speech on the topic of the Role of Pedantry in Personnel Management. That explanation satisfied me, but only for a few hours. It was as I was getting out of the shower afterwards that I suddenly thought "But, my name's not Graham! It's Dave."

Off out for a run now. I think I'll listen to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in the car on the way to the start today.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    It’s true , I misunderstood what she said once.
    But how do you know it has been just the once? Does she read all your posts, just to make sure you've been paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Many complain about the way the forum is going, but do we really need another anonymous prick who appears to be an alter ego of an existing forumite?
    Thank you for putting a smile on my face this afternoon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    But how do you know it has been just the once? Does she read all your posts, just to make sure you've been paying attention?
    That assumes OH has ever had more than one useful thing to say. From which you can construe that the answer is no. Or I hope not...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post

You'll soon see why I gave up posting on here....
    Perhaps "Flem" would like to explain the meaning of oxymoron.
    Give or take the first three letters perhaps.
    Its far too obscure a word for me to use.
    But right up "flems" alley, or back passage anyway.!

So I'm not you, then?
    not unless pricks can reproduce by schizogenesis.
    ....it's all downhill from here.