Page 135 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

but my prick comment was about those on the forum who feel the need to have more than one presence.
    and conveniently diverted the argument from how wrong you were.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well it certainly wasn't music. Hence their popularity in the USA.

But Mr Clark was one of the sharpest guys in the business. He produced all their records and leased them to record companies and retained all the rights. I also think he paid his band members a salary and kept all the royalties for himself. He later bought the rights to Ready Steady Go since when he has been able to lease the footage to every nostalgia TV show - of which there have been many. And his musical Time (with Cliff Richard!) made more money

Most pop/rock stars were dim, just bothered with "the music" and were robbed.

Mr Clark didn't care about music but just the money and he is as rich as Croesus.
    There were some smart guys in pop, I managed and worked on Roger Daltry's fish farms (for short periods of time), he was pretty business aware even though we could never get through to him that water would not run uphill - even for a pop star.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I’m relieved that the current pandemic and music are being mentioned on the same thread. I’ve recently written a piece for the next Fellrunner which contains references towards the coronavirus, Status Quo and cheeky supermarket employees...amongst other things! Basically it’s my usual unconventional take on fellrunning.

Super Moderator
    You started on that book yet ‘sticks? How you coping without racing five times per week? Hope all’s well
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Hi Andrew, it’s great to see you’re back on the forum. No, I’ve not done anything regarding a book. Races - what the hell are they? All things considered, I’m doing well. Hope you’re good pal?

Super Moderator
    I was doing good until I overdid the running / walking and developed shin-splints. Rest needed
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Pesky shin-splints.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    Slightly off-topic, I know, but I remember the first time I saw Bob Dylan perform, at the Bradford Town Hall in 1962. I was conversing with Mr Dylan backstage after the event, and I asked him what he thought could be done to improve safety in fell running. He looked at me for a few seconds and said, rather enigmatically I thought, "Graham, the answer is blowing in the wind, my friend' and then he hit me over the head with his guitar. By the time I'd recovered he'd gone, so I wasn't able to ask him how he knew my name. That conundrum stayed with me down the years until recently when, as I was cycling along the towpath of the Leeds-Liverpool canal, past the detritus of our once impressive engineering heritage, I realised that, at the time I'd spoken to Mr Dylan, I had still been wearing my name badge from the 3rd International Conference on Management in Fell Running held at the Ilkley School of Management where, earlier in the day, I'd made the keynote speech on the topic of the Role of Pedantry in Personnel Management. That explanation satisfied me, but only for a few hours. It was as I was getting out of the shower afterwards that I suddenly thought "But, my name's not Graham! It's Dave."

Off out for a run now. I think I'll listen to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in the car on the way to the start today.
    Interest in Pedantry in personnel management in the West York’s area, narrows identity down,I suspect To one. A Dylan fan is confirmation.
    Last edited by Oracle; 02-07-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    The point could have been made with their established identity.
    So you're still calling them a troll, then?
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    and conveniently diverted the argument from how wrong you were.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
    good to see you acknowledge you were wrong
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell