Page 103 of 357 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I've had snippets of info from parents at the club.

Looks like the local Private school is doing sterling work with online video classes and regular, routine work.
    State secondary schools seem patchy.
    Primary schools, may as well forget it.
    Meanwhile factories are turning out ten percent extra.

Teaching has an attitude problem. It always has. It Did in my parents day.
    They hated the unions , but at the time they were in a minority.

Maybe signs outside supermarkets should bar teachers till they go back to work.

I already know a coupke booking their holidays to the busiest parts of Britain and Europe for hols.
    So it has nothing to do with health. Covid is an excuse not a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    No they are not. They pretend they are.
    And the ones I know are certainly not putting in more than half a day.

The kids are given short video sessions.
    Nothing like the full time education they are paid to deliver.
    Whilst refusing to do the things teachers are paid to do: Like go into work or mark homework.

They are detroying the life chances of poor kids - many dont have computers. So the sop to teachers consciences is a total #fail.

My grandkids are getting one hour , they pay for a full time education!
    But worse than any of that, they are stopping other parents working and earning who are forced to look after kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I've had snippets of info from parents at the club.

Looks like the local Private school is doing sterling work with online video classes and regular, routine work.
    State secondary schools seem patchy.
    Primary schools, may as well forget it.
    Hi guys, needles stuck again, I know a few teachers (not private schools) and they are without exception working full time and more from home, as of Monday they will be back in school preparing for re-start as well, agree the quality of education is not as good but a good teacher will be able to recover that

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Meanwhile factories are turning out ten percent extra.

Really - where is the evidence?

Teaching has an attitude problem. It always has. It Did in my parents day.
    They hated the unions , but at the time they were in a minority.

Maybe signs outside supermarkets should bar teachers till they go back to work.

What a particularly ridiculous thing to say.

I already know a coupke booking their holidays to the busiest parts of Britain and Europe for hols.
    So it has nothing to do with health. Covid is an excuse not a reason

Anomalous cases are not best to base sweeping generalisation
    I know teachers and they are working hard and care about they do and the children they teach. If you have the misfortune to know others who are not in this camp then that is unfortunate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    I know teachers and they are working hard and care about they do and the children they teach. If you have the misfortune to know others who are not in this camp then that is unfortunate
    I can only repeat. If factories had taken the attitude they have, all of us - and them -would have starved .
    The question they should have asked is what does it take to keep schools open? like the food factories did.
    At the first chance so many “ self isolated” the schools could not open, forcing the governments hand on a very balanced case health wise, a slam dunk on education and economics.

If the food factories did the same we would have starved,

They are going through the motions delivering an hour video to kids. Not a full time education, whining about their safety.

So other parents cannot go to work to get paid , it is outrageous.

It is not misfortune, it is all of them . The unions And councils speak for them in deciding to keep schools shut. If all the teachers said they would return, then unions would have to back down.

So The ones who don’t lose a penny are voting for others to lose the lot.
    So much for caring about the kids, when they decide their parents cannot earn, they are actively depriving the kids.

Only one word describes it, selfish.
    Kids have lost half a term. That’s how much the teachers care,
    They should not stay home on full pay, if they won’t do the job. All of it. Not the bits they pick and choose.

No doubt on the last day of term, the attitude to need to isolate will do a 180.
    These comments will not earn me friends, but they need a kick up the @rse.
    Last edited by Oracle; 01-06-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Greg Wallace on tonight's Inside the Factory was at Heinz, catching up on how things had changed there following his initial visit 4 years ago.
    Since the start of lockdown they have upped production from a regular 1.8 million cans to a high of 2.7 million to keep up with people stock piling and general demand.

I thought his pretty poor joke that the workers "had a can do attitude" summed up your point nicely Oracle.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Greg Wallace on tonight's Inside the Factory was at Heinz, catching up on how things had changed there following his initial visit 4 years ago.
    Since the start of lockdown they have upped production from a regular 1.8 million cans to a high of 2.7 million to keep up with people stock piling and general demand.

I thought his pretty poor joke that the workers "had a can do attitude" summed up your point nicely Oracle.
    I saw one last week that was loo roll - I was tipped off by a forumite

It's a good programme.

I know a few teachers - I couldn't make a sweeping statement like "they are without exception working full time and more from home" just like I couldn't say "The whole country knows he was wrong" about DC.

I was out for a walk a few weeks ago and it was nice to bump in to a young lady who's now mid 20s, who I used to coach and my wife got her in to athletics when she organised the after school club at the primary school.

She broke off from her run to stop and chat. She's a teacher now at a local secondary school. She acknowledged she was doing bits and pieces but it was frustrating. She certainly wasn't working full time and more.

I think she's the only teacher I've spoken to. Although I know a few from running, with the social distancing I don't see or speak to any of them and my previous observations were from parents comments online I've seen as they've exchanged their experiences of education through lockdown on Facebook.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Teachers do work extremely hard.
    But
    Some have never been in the real world.

School
    6th Form
    University

Job in a school!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Teachers do work extremely hard.
    But
    Some have never been in the real world.

School
    6th Form
    University

Job in a school!!!
    I wouldn't want to do it Trevor. I've had my spell of looking after other people's kids with fostering and then of course the responsibility of coaching kids.

I'd say you're being a tad harsh there.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Did they not say that they reduced production of some products in order to make more beans.
    They were also working more shifts.
    One step beyond.

Oracles view of the teaching situation does not describe my experience of the ongoing situation in my grandkids primary school. They have been at school for the duration and been well looked after. Just saying!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth