Page 17 of 357 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Master
    Bare in mind you are touching walls, gates, stiles etc that other folk before and after you will probably touch and who knows how many times they have coughed or sneezed on there hands. You will at some point remove your footwear which may well have recently passed through what somebody has recently cleared from there throat.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...st-on-surfaces

call me paranoid if you like but i figure the issue needs taking seriously.

Stay safe folks
    Last edited by JohnK; 23-03-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Banned
    Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Bare in mind you are touching walls, gates, stiles etc that other folk before and after you will probably touch and who knows how many times they have coughed or sneezed on there hands. You will at some point remove your footwear which may well have recently passed through what somebody has recently cleared from there throat.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...st-on-surfaces
    Jumped a fence today rather than going through a gate, something I’d never normally do but needs must

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Lockdown
    Something that none of us will have seen before and are never likely to see again, the Foot and Mouth crisis was a strange situation but this is beyond weird, but the right thing to do, early morning runs going forward I think for Mrs DTR and me, get out and get back

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Lockdown
    Should have come sooner, early runs with dog now
    The older I get the Faster I was

Newspapers? Are they still printing them??? been delivering my old fellas suppose that they’ll stop, I’ll still have to get his shopping but no papers.

Banned
    So our government restricts our movement but allows our boarders to still be open.

Strange???

Sport direct essential!!! Yep purveyors of the finest sports equipment, Mike Ashley is beyond reproach, pure greed

And planes from USA, mainland Europe, Singapore/Dubai (huge transit airports), continue to land in the UK...

Am I missing something here...? Doris from up the road is going to get fined if she walks her dog twice a day, but the rest of the world can fly in without issue...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    And planes from USA, mainland Europe, Singapore/Dubai (huge transit airports), continue to land in the UK...

Am I missing something here...? Doris from up the road is going to get fined if she walks her dog twice a day, but the rest of the world can fly in without issue...
    Alas these black and white distinctions are grey.
    Airlines still are part of the freight network. Indeed the only express freight network. Think carrying more face masks.
    Britons are still trying to get home.
    The flights I was on last week had very few people on them, and we’re carrying UK residents returning. I saw a train of parcels loading into the hold as we waited for the flight.
    Last edited by Oracle; 24-03-2020 at 10:45 AM.