Page 18 of 357 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

The ones i'm seeing landing at Heathrow appear to be daily services from New York, Dallas, Washington, Madrid, Dubai, Rome etc...

Not saying you are wrong, but these appear to be daily scheduled services. I might have this very wrong but on the face of it, appears to be a huge contradiction.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    The ones i'm seeing landing at Heathrow appear to be daily services from New York, Dallas, Washington, Madrid, Dubai, Rome etc...

Not saying you are wrong, but these appear to be daily scheduled services. I might have this very wrong but on the face of it, appears to be a huge contradiction.
    I was on a scheduled airline.
    They are probably all that are flying. They are alsothe ones that carry some freight.

I suspect what I said was also true. Very few passengers that are UK residents repatriating.

However you can go on the worldwide Expedia (other flight search websites are available!) site and openly book a flight to the UK from many places...

Whether you can board the flight is a different matter, of course.

Doris from up the road is going to get fined if she walks her dog twice a day,...
    Travs, am I right in thinking that, living in Coventry, "Doris from up the road"'s dog is a Pit Bull Terrier or a Dogo Argentino?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    However you can go on the worldwide Expedia (other flight search websites are available!) site and openly book a flight to the UK from many places...

Whether you can board the flight is a different matter, of course.
    In most cases countries will only accept you if you are a resident or national there. Ie repatriating. Even then some countries are demanding quarantine (ie sticking you in a hotel for two weeks!) many require self isolation. But that is as it has always been. Airtickets are one thing, right to enter is quite another.

A ticket to the USA, never did get you into the USA, unless you had clearance first!

And planes from USA, mainland Europe, Singapore/Dubai (huge transit airports), continue to land in the UK...

Am I missing something here...? Doris from up the road is going to get fined if she walks her dog twice a day, but the rest of the world can fly in without issue...
    I think the Police are taking a pragmatic approach to this and are looking at persuasion rather than issuing straight out fines, the main message is not to group, go to the seaside enmasse or let your kids run riot, I don’t think they’re targeting Doris, she’ll not do time for her two walks a day

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    I think the Police are taking a pragmatic approach to this and are looking at persuasion rather than issuing straight out fines, the main message is not to group, go to the seaside enmasse or let your kids run riot, I don’t think they’re targeting Doris, she’ll not do time for her two walks a day
    Yes I was being somewhat flippant with my choice of words...!

deleted rest of post, on another subject, as not fancying kicking off a big argument
    Last edited by Travs; 24-03-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Yes I was being somewhat flippant with my choice of words...!

deleted rest of post, on another subject, as not fancying kicking off a big argument
    Ha, we’ve all got plenty of time on our hands going forward, if Doris does go down we can start a campaign to free her I was thinking of calling her ‘The end of Travs road 1’

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    In most cases countries will only accept you if you are a resident or national there. Ie repatriating. Even then some countries are demanding quarantine (ie sticking you in a hotel for two weeks!) many require self isolation. But that is as it has always been. Airtickets are one thing, right to enter is quite another.
    I've had two international students going home and finding themselves in quarantine without internet access, so unable to do the online test that I had set for this week!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I personally know of two people who returned back to major UK airports this week (one from France, one from Vietnam, via a major transit airport).... both basically walked off the plane as usual, back onto the streets without so much as a question regarding their current health...

Really makes a mockery of anything we have put in place here..