Page 225 of 357 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I can't recall who, but my understanding of trolling was called in to question recently, but I certainly see an intent to provoke on your part Dave.

It seems you cannot leave any post of mine alone. You have to comment and of course every comment isn't just a counter comment, but it is drizzled with disdain, maybe even hatred.

It used to be Oracle who took the brunt of your approach and whilst I took a little flack, it was small beer in comparison. Without Oracle it seems you have moved on to target me.

I try my best not to rise to it, but unfortunately I get drawn in as a result of your relentless responses that I often feel can't go without a reply.

Post what you want. From now on, I will not respond.

Have a good weekend.
    I don’t blame you. If you left the forum it would be someone else.

you cannot leave any post of mine alone
    so.
    You post stuff on an internet forum. Someone disagrees with it. This is apparently bad.
    No, it's "maybe even hatred".
    You're one of the most prolific "virus sceptics" on here and have a tendency post material which is questionable, defending it as "scepticism" whilst criticising those who disagree as "narrow minded". Then you try and shut down disagreement by suggesting it's "discourteous" or not polite. Whilst accusing people (and not just me) of being "trolls".

If you want to be controversial, people are going to disagree with you. If you want to be "sceptical" of something which is, quite literally, a matter of life and death, then you might expect people to react strongly. Flouncing off in a huff is not a victory, or validation of your views.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

An article by someone whose daughter received a positive test result, after visiting an asthma clinic but not being tested for Covid. She seems legit, being a lawyer with presence on Linked In and Labour Home so not a made up troll.

There may be problems both ways with this “world beating” system. What to trust?

https://off-guardian.org/2020/09/11/...-being-tested/
    Last edited by Wetherby whaler; 12-09-2020 at 01:36 PM.

is this the story WP was trying to pass off as his own experience a few days ago?

One of my nurse friends has just had a patient who was scheduled in at a local test centre on Monday. They failed to show.
    Today they received a positive test result.
    Work that one out.
    The story seems like a case of poor communication to me: doctor suggesting pateint with asthma gets a C19 test to be sure, parents disagreeing and doctor suggesting self-isolation as protection against C-19. Doctors receptionist gets wrong end of stick and assumes positive test result as reccomendation was to self isolate? Dunno, it's all speculation, isn't it? Can see why the parents would be upset, but don't think it's a reflection of a "politicized agenda into the health care of children". Could it not just be a genuine mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    WP, if you found the tone of that response in any way attacking, baiting or otherwise "having a go", then I wholeheartedly and unreservedly apologise.
    wholeheartedly
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

From now on, I will not respond.
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 12-09-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I don’t blame you. If you left the forum it would be someone else.
    I won't be going anywhere Muddy.

By the way fellow forumites - no more anecdotes. They are banned.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

You never forget your first high speed motorway crash
    Not a high speed one, but a crash coming off the motorway in a Renault 4 (now you see why it wasn't high speed) and the brakes failed. Coming up to a three-lane roundabout. Had to put the car into a traffic light to stop it. Police attended. Wanted to know if the traffic light was OK....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    Not a high speed one, but a crash coming off the motorway in a Renault 4 (now you see why it wasn't high speed) and the brakes failed. Coming up to a three-lane roundabout. Had to put the car into a traffic light to stop it. Police attended. Wanted to know if the traffic light was OK....
    A Renault 4? Your modesty so becomes you.

However based on my examination of the five cars I have seen destroyed after being driven into mine, my view is that the more metal you are surrounded by the more likely you are to step out and walk to the verge.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Used to drive Landrovers. Had a car go into the back of me. Thought something was odd, looked in the rear view and saw a red hatchback surrounded by glass. Pulled off the road to find a huge dent in the front of said hatch. Looked like a write-off.

Damage to the Landie? A bit of red paint on the tow hitch.....
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 12-09-2020 at 06:27 PM.