Page 229 of 357 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I’m definitely not a fan of the tories and, amongst other things, hate Brexit with a vengeance, the lies and exaggerations, the disregard for law and parliamentary protocol by Boris and Cummins (if it doesn’t suit their aims), their cronyism, their complete and utter lack of ability to govern and run things in anything like a proper way and, going back before this lot, a million other policies of the Tory party in general have introduced. (Other than that they’re great obviously �� )

They’re here to stay for a while yet though so I really really hope that the bit of the Tory party support that remains in anyway ‘normal’, flexes their muscles and gets Boris and co booted out. Rushi might be a better choice maybe ��
    It works the other way as well

I’m definitely not a fan of the Labour and, amongst other things, hate the EU with a vengeance, the lies and exaggerations, the disregard for law and parliamentary protocol by Blair, Campbell, Brown... (if it doesn’t suit their aims), their cronyism, their complete and utter lack of ability to govern and run things in anything like a proper way and, going back before this lot, a million other policies of the Labour party in general have introduced. (Other than that they’re great obviously �� )

They’re here to stay for a while yet though so I really really hope that the bit of the Labour party support that remains in anyway ‘normal’, flexes their muscles and gets McDonnell, Butler and co booted out. Flint might be a better choice maybe ��
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Is the virus in mainly labour and liberal voting areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Elsewhere in West Yorkshire the ban on indoor household gatherings will continue in areas of Bradford where it is in place.

In Kirklees, the ban on indoor household mixing will continue in Dewsbury and Batley, and parts of Calderdale.

I wonder what is specific about these certain areas???

Similarly the areas in Lancashire with the small mill towns???

Does appear to be strange that only certain locations become hot beds. Maybe someone should have a serious look at the demographics of such places???
    We are not allowed to talk about those things Stagger.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

....it's all downhill from here.

Another great article here from yesterday’s Times regarding statistics and how they can be (mis)used by the government and others to suit the point they want to make

“Sir David Spiegelhalter: When a politician says they follow the science, that’s when I start screaming”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...ming-hqtl2pfgf

(Probably behind a pay wall but we’ll worth opting for the free trial to read)
    It's a very balanced article. I don't disagree with much at all. I would point to his comment about returnees from holidays in Feb seeding the population (that had probably been seeded in a smaller way during January) and make the point made before that had we testing available in the population during March, perhaps we would have found far higher figures in the general public.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Oh yeah. I will be labelled racist AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    It works the other way as well

I’m definitely not a fan of the Labour and, amongst other things, hate the EU with a vengeance, the lies and exaggerations, the disregard for law and parliamentary protocol by Blair, Campbell, Brown... (if it doesn’t suit their aims), their cronyism, their complete and utter lack of ability to govern and run things in anything like a proper way and, going back before this lot, a million other policies of the Labour party in general have introduced. (Other than that they’re great obviously �� )

They’re here to stay for a while yet though so I really really hope that the bit of the Labour party support that remains in anyway ‘normal’, flexes their muscles and gets McDonnell, Butler and co booted out. Flint might be a better choice maybe ��
    What makes you think I’m a fan of labour? I’ve voted labour for sure, and green and liberal and once even, a long time ago in a galaxy far away, conservative. The key thing is I’m definitely not a fan of the tories being the brexit party dressed up as tories.

The best thing we need is proportional representation - compromise, common sense and reason will come with that to stop the liberal minded 50% of the voting population from falling out with the nationalistic 50%. And yeah proportional representation would give a fair airing to UKIP (or versions of the same) as well as the greens. It would also put pay to any party having an 80 seat majority with just 43% of the vote 🧐

What makes you think I’m a fan of labour? I’ve voted labour for sure, and green and liberal and once even, a long time ago in a galaxy far away, conservative. The key thing is I’m definitely not a fan of the tories being the brexit party dressed up as tories.

The best thing we need is proportional representation - compromise, common sense and reason will come with that to stop the liberal minded 50% of the voting population from falling out with the nationalistic 50%. And yeah proportional representation would give a fair airing to UKIP (or versions of the same) as well as the greens. It would also put pay to any party having an 80 seat majority with just 43% of the vote ��
    I didn't assume you were a fan of Labour, I just flipped it. It works.

PR would be a problem. the coalition was a disaster. Imagine that in perpetuity.

It would be nice if they just stuck to their manifesto commitments.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

PR if you think it through would effectively go a long way to remove extreme left and extreme right wing from politics and would naturally mean that any government would fall somewhere in between left wing and right, but without the extremes, and at the same time allow small parties to exert their fair share of influence

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    No, but GB solved an Insurance scam!
    Maybe he would like to assist in solving the Furlough frauds as they are revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    There is nowt to solve.

Its here to stay, be safe and sensible and get used to being oppressed by the government.
    Yep as I have said all along the only thing new is another new virus to add to the wiki list of incurable diseases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rable_diseases

or maybe just the 12 deadliest

https://www.livescience.com/56598-de...-on-earth.html

We will just have to learn to live with it in the same way we do all the others.
    Last edited by JohnK; 13-09-2020 at 07:54 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was