Page 234 of 357 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    "It would mean that lockdowns and masks may be extending, rather than solving, the crisis."

That was the position of SAGE according to the minutes of two of their meetings one at the end of Feb and I think the other on 16th March.

The policy was to squash the sombrero - all those susceptible were going to get it, so just try to delay a little and stretch it over a longer period to allow capacity to increase in the NHS.

But that changed.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

The positive cases are being presented as an "overall pattern" and one only needs to watch the coverage on Sky News (other propaganda outlets are available) to see that they are hyping up the consecutive days that we have been over 3000 cases and presenting this as a pattern, but the collection of the data has not been either consistent (they are chasing cases) or reliable (see post #2321)
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Great news re the Rule of 6 - it doesn't apply to grouse shooting parties! Clearly a case of Plus4s Plus 4s What, What

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...WkCf3pUwemIga0
    Last edited by Mossdog; 14-09-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Great news re the Rule of 6 - it doesn't apply to grouse shooting parties! Clearly a case of Plus4s Plus 4s What, What

Meeting to discuss hunting and shooting cancalled to prevent objections to exempting it. Bill published 15 minutes before it came into force.

Isn't democracy brilliant?!!

Banned
    I do enjoy a bit of shooting myself.

Plus lurcher were always my dogs of choice.

Country boy.

the meaning behind this one-hit wonder are you?
    Reluctant as I am to intrude on a joke, and I wouldn't want anyone to think that I think Wikipedia is necessarily a reliable source of information, but Wikipedia does claim that what you're referring to is an "American pop culture misinterpretation". And songfacts.com says the song is "One of the more misinterpreted songs of all time" and goes on to explain why.

I think I'm right in saying that Feargal Sharkey claimed that Teenage Kicks was similarly misunderstood, but his denial (if my memory is correct and he actually did deny it) rang a bit hollow to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    Reluctant as I am to intrude on a joke, and I wouldn't want anyone to think that I think Wikipedia is necessarily a reliable source of information, but Wikipedia does claim that what you're referring to is an "American pop culture misinterpretation". And songfacts.com says the song is "One of the more misinterpreted songs of all time" and goes on to explain why.

I think I'm right in saying that Feargal Sharkey claimed that Teenage Kicks was similarly misunderstood, but his denial (if my memory is correct and he actually did deny it) rang a bit hollow to me.
    Well of course Dave Fenton would have to say that now! As a respectable, eager to be taken seriously, in-house lawyer for the Music Union...

https://www.attackmagazine.com/featu...-david-fenton/

it wouldn't do to be famous for writing a song about..erm.."badgering the witness'!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Yes, excellent news for shoots and rural economy.
    It's politics, the labour party won just 17 of 199 rural constituencies at the last election, the Tory party will have no intention of letting those seats go and the labour party is so out of touch with rural communities it may as well be on the moon. Tony Blair held 170 of those seats, shows how fickle us country lads are, the press and country may overlook us, but.......
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Yes, excellent news for shoots and rural economy.
    It's politics, the labour party won just 17 of 199 rural constituencies at the last election, the Tory party will have no intention of letting those seats go and the labour party is so out of touch with rural communities it may as well be on the moon. Tony Blair held 170 of those seats, shows how fickle us country lads are, the press and country may overlook us, but.......

...you have now seen the light and you will all always vote Conservative in future?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".