Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    https://www.libdems.org.uk/joining-us

Join a party that will NEVER LEAD.
    I stand corrected
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    I was beginning to think Stagger's posts were somehow so ironic that they passed beyond irony into a relativistic netherworld.

I think I was probably giving him too much credit.
    I think you're massively over-thinking there...!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Sadiq Khan, June 6 on BLM protest: “I stand with you and share you anger & pain”

Sadiq Khan today on anti-lockdown protest: “ This is not acceptable... leave now”

Once again, one rule for some... and another for others
    What a numpty that bloke is, he makes boris look smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    What a numpty that bloke is, he makes boris look smart.
    He's not the only one. There are some glaring examples of double standards going on.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    The worrying thing is he might actually believe some of the wind - up schoolboy rubbish he posts on here
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Didnt know Sadiq posted on here! Whats his handle? Fellbeast??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Didnt know Sadiq posted on here! Whats his handle? Fellbeast??
    He probably wouldn't ever show his face on the forum. To many fascist alt-right types.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    We would all like to be able to protect the vulnerable whilst at the same time letting the young "live", not so they can catch it, but knowing they will. But no country in the world has succeeded in doing this - Covid always leaks from the young to the old/vulnerable. Lots of the vulnerable are not old - they work, have kids, are in contact with lots of the public, and have high blood pressure/diabetes/auto-immune disease/malignancy and so on - without Covid most have many quality years to live - if they catch it, things may be very different. And we need to remember that a significant number of young people with no underlying illnesses end up unwell for months.

Yesterday's More or Less on BBC R4 was interesting - it well and truly put to bed the "They are mainly false positives" story. Statistics are not simple, yet some non experts think they know more about this field than trained statisticians - the all too common not knowing what we don't know. Worth a listen - and it covers caffeine in pregnancy as well.
    Has it crossed your mind Mike that some of the vulnerable would rather take their chances with Covid than live in a society that insists on locking people down?

Regarding statistics. They are only a guide in some instances but when it comes to human choices they cannot tell us certainly what action an individual may take. There are those who are bound by them but I think those that do tend to lose their humanity.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    People support things in all the wrong ways these days. Wittering on about it on Facebook, protesting en masse somewhere expecting that ganging up on coppers in Whitehall will make old Boris change his mind...no. My mate stu and me protested against lockdown by him hopping over my garden wall to help me split logs. We banged the world to rights on a Saturday morning whilst leaving the hippys to get banged up.
    Mr B you cheer me up. Can we have episode two of 'how to fit a car stereo?'

Ok. I'm not usually one for David Icke type conspiracy theories and the like, but I did read this, in regard to CV, in The Hill and wonder if maybe those that do might just be an incy wincy bit right, or have a point...

"One of the main themes of the June meeting [a virtual conference of world leaders involved with the World Economic Forum - 2020] was that the coronavirus pandemic has created an important “opportunity” for many of the World Economic Forum’s members to enact their radical transformation of capitalism, which they acknowledged would likely not have been made possible without the pandemic."

see https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-e...adical-plan-to

and it includes Prince Charlie's penny's-worth (so take this seriously folks )...

“We have a golden opportunity to seize something good from this crisis — its unprecedented shockwaves may well make people more receptive to big visions of change,” said Prince Charles at the meeting, adding later, “It is an opportunity we have never had before and may never have again.”

Are we all sheepy-pawns in the secretly planned "Great Reset" of the World Order?

Where's 007 when you need him to check out the latest Blofelds ?
    Am Yisrael Chai