Page 253 of 357 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Was going to make some jam tomorrow but I think I'll set up a Cornflake Cake Company instead and apply for a Bounce Back loan!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Was going to make some jam tomorrow but I think I'll set up a Cornflake Cake Company instead and apply for a Bounce Back loan!
    Still sounds like money for jam.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    What would your simple solution be for people who live in a care home of some sort
    Choice. My neighbour's 100 year old Mum is her only relative bar a couple of elderly cousins in Devon as she lost her husband last year to cancer. Mum is in a home. She's seen her twice in the last 6 months, once through the window from outside on her 100th birthday and a second time through a glass screen in the home.

The current situation is inhumane.

It is feasible to arrange a covid secure hug.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quite an interesting programme (Long Covid) on Radio 4 this morning about long-term symptoms of Covid-19, presented by Adam Rutherford. The programme starts with Rutherford being interviewed on the Today programme in mid-March, at the time he contracted Covid-19, and his saying that he expected to recover from it relatively quickly. Six months on he still hasn't fully recovered. The programme points out that the people suffering from these long-term symptoms include those who are young and fit with no underlying health conditions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000mzms

(There was an earlier programme on this subject, on File on 4, but I only caught the last 10 minutes or so of it when it was broadcast and haven't yet got around to listening to the download.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    Quite an interesting programme (Long Covid) on Radio 4 this morning about long-term symptoms of Covid-19, presented by Adam Rutherford. The programme starts with Rutherford being interviewed on the Today programme in mid-March, at the time he contracted Covid-19, and his saying that he expected to recover from it relatively quickly. Six months on he still hasn't fully recovered. The programme points out that the people suffering from these long-term symptoms include those who are young and fit with no underlying health conditions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000mzms

(There was an earlier programme on this subject, on File on 4, but I only caught the last 10 minutes or so of it when it was broadcast and haven't yet got around to listening to the download.)
    Come the revolution when the BBC is abolished, and preening pompous Huw Edwards is sentenced to the permanent purgatory of peeling potatoes, I will lobby that Radio 4 and BBC 4 (and Radio 3, obviously) are given special dispensation.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Come the revolution when the BBC is abolished, and preening pompous Huw Edwards is sentenced to the permanent purgatory of peeling potatoes, I will lobby that Radio 4 and BBC 4 (and Radio 3, obviously) are given special dispensation.
    I hope you are successful. I love Radio 4 and it accompanies me all day (except if TMS is on) as I drystone wall. Radio 3 is also worth saving.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    I hope you are successful. I love Radio 4 and it accompanies me all day (except if TMS is on) as I drystone wall. Radio 3 is also worth saving.
    Bloody elitist namby pambies! What's wrong with a bit of Middle Class Radio 1? By which I mean Radio 6.

Indeed. I would add R6 to the list with the exception of the yawning chasm of zero talent masquerading as keaveney.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    But they are not just taking their own chances, they are taking other people's chances as well - if they could not infect anybody else during the course of their illness, then I would of course have no objection to letting them take risks.
    Mike you seem to be portraying people as helpless souls who can't think for themselves so need protecting from the government. I like the instructions from boxing referees to fighters before they engage "protect yourselves at all times." That's what people have to do because continuous lockdown will just make things worse.

Master
    I'd be interested to know what position Mike T would take on lockdown when it starts to affect him. Say when he can't buy food or water. Would he be willing to see people starve to save people from the virus? Certain job losses are fine in his eyes because they're not essential or needed. But why stop there if you want to save people from a virus? Just curious how far he'd go before backing down on his principles?