Page 259 of 357 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Thats a great link MR, thanks. Showing just 7 cases as at the end of September in my neck of the woods
    0-2 in upper Teesdale yet we're included the NE restrictions
    Am Yisrael Chai

The site is useful if you're thinking about areas you might want to avoid. It generally updates at around 4pm each day so now if you look it is taking the seven days to 1st October.

As expected the picture in central Leeds is looking even uglier. Hyde Park Corner and Woodhouse Cliff is now 281.

I wonder if we would be governed better if the House of Commons had fewer lawyers and more accountants and engineers?

(In the interest of full disclosure perhaps I should add that I started my career in engineering but my later move into human resources means that I am totally without bias ).
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 05-10-2020 at 05:34 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    0-2 in upper Teesdale yet we're included the NE restrictions
    It's because of all those salmon swimming up to their spawning grounds in the upper part of the river, bringing the virus up from Middlesbrough.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I wonder if we would be governed better if the House of Commons had fewer lawyers and more accountants and engineers?
    Quite possibly.

Of equal concern still is the administration at PHE. The IT tech problem, which led to the missed 16,000 cases is apparently because the data was being uploaded to an Excel spreadsheet and the figures exceeded its capacity. It is quite alarming that they are not using something a little more sophisticated than a spreadsheet, like a proper database. I have visions of the next delay in figure reporting being caused by the spreadsheet getting corrupted and somebody forgetting to take a back up. You heard it here first!
    Last edited by Muddy Retriever; 05-10-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Quite possibly.

Of equal concern still is the administration at PHE. The IT tech problem, which led to the missed 16,000 cases is apparently because the data was being uploaded to an Excel spreadsheet and the figures exceeded its capacity. It is quite alarming that they are not using something a little more sophisticated than a spreadsheet, like a proper database. I have visions of the next delay in figure reporting being caused by the spreadsheet getting corrupted and somebody forgetting to take a back up. You heard it here first!
    Governments have always been crap at IT "solutions". Can't think of a single one that was on time or budget....

Regarding the data, if the missing data is taken into account, the doubling rate is getting higher, faster, so those relatively small numbers on that lovely interactive map have the potential to get quite large, quite quickly.....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    It's because of all those salmon swimming up to their spawning grounds in the upper part of the river, bringing the virus up from Middlesbrough.
    Whale that's not the offishal line but it cod sardinely be true!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    The site is useful if you're thinking about areas you might want to avoid. It generally updates at around 4pm each day so now if you look it is taking the seven days to 1st October.

As expected the picture in central Leeds is looking even uglier. Hyde Park Corner and Woodhouse Cliff is now 281.
    Yikes. That's a big change in the picture from a week ago. Which I remember was worse than the week before.

Sounds like a load of Pollocks to me...

If Oscar Wilde were alive today I feel sure he would be posting on the Forum
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".