Page 263 of 357 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    And didn't the chap talking about Sweden say that people there trusted what their government said more than people in the UK? Obviously I am at a complete loss to explain why anyone here wouldn't trust everything that our Government says . . .
    difficult that.....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    Nail on the head: everywhere is different in many different ways which include (but are not limited to) population density, willingness to wear masks, what is deemed socially appropriate and general common sense....
    Yes. Assemble separate groups of different nationalities: Italians, Germans, British, Indians, North Koreans,... and then say "would each group please form an orderly queue"...and see what happens.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    And didn't the chap talking about Sweden say that people there trusted what their government said more than people in the UK? Obviously I am at a complete loss to explain why anyone here wouldn't trust everything that our Government says . . .
    Perhaps that's more to do with consistency. Most were accepting of lockdown for a while but after two months of face coverings being ineffective, we are then told they are so effective we can't function without them.

Surprised no one is looking at the timeline. 24th July face coverings become a requirement. Cases start increasing across the UK.
    Sod's law.
    Just imagine how bad it would have been if we'd not implemented the use of them. We could be hitting the numbers that Sweden are.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Yes. Assemble separate groups of different nationalities: Italians, Germans, British, Indians, North Koreans,... and then say "would each group please form an orderly queue"...and see what happens.
    The Chinese would win that one. It used to astound me when flying around over there how they'd line up to board an hour before they needed to.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

different nationalities: Italians, Germans, British, Indians, North Koreans
    The Chinese would win that one.

excuse my loose language.

If the Chinese were able to participate I expect they would win, based on several years observing their talent and desire to queue up in airport terminals.

Where would I and my fellow forumites be without my stalker?
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

without my stalker
    don't flatter yourself.

:different nationalities: Italians, Germans, British, Indians, North Koreans :

Actually, WP was correct. It's a well known fact which Tommy Cooper endorsed that:

"1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother HoChaChu. But I think it's Colin (or in WP's list - the Italians!)."
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Actually, WP was correct. It's a well known fact which Tommy Cooper endorsed that:

"1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother HoChaChu. But I think it's Colin (or in WP's list - the Italians!)."
    or, as Douglas Adams would have it:
    “It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post

Tim Vine, not Tommy Cooper. I saw Tim Vine years ago when he was still a young comedian. His machine-gun style was a joy to behold - one of the best comedy gigs I've ever been to.