Page 301 of 357 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetherby whaler View Post
    Sunshine no good in the UK between October and March, any time that your shadow is longer than you are.
    Correct - but our body can store Vitamin D from all sources for some time - and the oily fish several days a week year round is my "supplement".

Can’t beat a bit of mackerel��

Master
    My favourite fish - sustainable, full of omega 3 and Vitamin D, freezes well, and not expensive.

Clinical trial to investigate whether vitamin D protects against COVID-19

CORONAVIT will run for six months and involve more than 5,000 people to find out whether a ‘test-and-treat’ approach to correct people’s vitamin D deficiency during winter will reduce the risk and/or severity of COVID-19 and other acute respiratory infections.

People will take part in the study from their homes, without any face-to-face visits needed, as all vitamin D tests and supplements will be sent via the post. Any UK resident aged 16 or more can participate if they are not already taking high-dose vitamin D. To register interest, people can contact the study team on [email protected].

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/20...-covid-19.html

Of course, if you're taking part in a trial you'd probably have to follow the instructions of scientists and do exactly what you're told without modifying the instructions because you thought you knew better, so that might rule out some people who post on this forum.

Oh yes you can.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I'm with you and Mike T on this one. I knew about the Omega 3, but I didn't know about the Vitamin D before it was mentioned on this thread. Anyway, everyone in my family loves it; even when our son was only one year old, my wife would give him some after examining it very carefully for bones, and he loved it even then.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    Clinical trial to investigate whether vitamin D protects against COVID-19

CORONAVIT will run for six months and involve more than 5,000 people to find out whether a ‘test-and-treat’ approach to correct people’s vitamin D deficiency during winter will reduce the risk and/or severity of COVID-19 and other acute respiratory infections.

People will take part in the study from their homes, without any face-to-face visits needed, as all vitamin D tests and supplements will be sent via the post. Any UK resident aged 16 or more can participate if they are not already taking high-dose vitamin D. To register interest, people can contact the study team on [email protected].

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/20...-covid-19.html

Of course, if you're taking part in a trial you'd probably have to follow the instructions of scientists and do exactly what you're told without modifying the instructions because you thought you knew better, so that might rule out some people who post on this forum.
    Anyone particular in mind?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Anyone particular in mind?
    Me being the consummate diplomat that I am, I couldn't possibly comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post

And so I recommend Dixie Flyer and New Orleans Wins The War off Land Of Dreams by Randy Newman.
    In the name of research I endured both of these songs yesterday. They're pleasant enough, but I found they were a bit bland. If music was a colour these songs would be beige.

I appreciate, and respect, that we all have different tastes and opinions, which are likely influenced by the period in which we grew up. I first took a serious interest in music in the punk/new-wave era, so in order to cleanse my musical palate of beigeness I chose to listen to Boris Johnson's personal song for 2021 Shot by both sides by Magazine

To complete my musical resuscitation I had to listen to the weird, and wonderful, fully technicolour The Soft Parade in the evening; felt a lot better afterwards.
    Last edited by Marco; 01-11-2020 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Missing word

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I appreciate, and respect, that we all have different tastes and opinions, which are likely influenced by the period in which we grew up.
    And thankfully so, otherwise tickets for Randy Newman's rare concerts in England for the enlightened would be hard to obtain.

However to reciprocate I listened to The Soft Parade for the first time this century. Alas no better. So what does my book say about it? "weakest album", "overuses the brass to beef up the tinny sound", "over ambitious and extended title track".

Yeah.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".