Page 306 of 357 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

On the subject of the economic harm being suffered by businesses, if you've ever bought anything from Stanfords (the world’s largest map retailer, so they claim), whether online or in-store, (and even if you haven't) you might want to know that they're in trouble and are facing closure. They've set up a crowdfunding scheme to try to keep going, but I'm sure just buying stuff from them would also help. Obviously there are lots of businesses that could do with more people buying more stuff from them just at the moment, but I'm assuming most people on here have a reasonably strong interest in maps and travel books. (And if you haven't, I'm guessing you're a Brexit supporting, Covid-19 denying, climate change denying, stile queue jumping, wall and fence breaking, litter dropping, Trump supporting, flat earther who's not fully convinced that the moon landings took place and who would like to see a return of the birch for children suspected of petty larceny. But still entitled to your opinions, obviously.)

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...s-for-survival

https://payitforward.london.gov.uk/s...99d84786075cb2

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Which is why i will very likely be heading in your vague direction soon!
    Is that to live Oooophnorth Travs - that'll be good? But if not,and it's just a visit, you'll have to get your skates on before midnight on Thursday, if the same-old travel rules apply!

I spent the day in the Lakes today (just down the road) and I'm planning on being over there (30 miles away) everyday before Thursday night and sod the weather.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Haha nope. I will vote green or Lib Dem or labour for as long as it takes until one day we’ll get proportional representation and the conservatives will never get in ever again 😊
    So sad...and I had such high hopes in you.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    On the subject of the economic harm being suffered by businesses, if you've ever bought anything from Stanfords (the world’s largest map retailer, so they claim), whether online or in-store, (and even if you haven't) you might want to know that they're in trouble and are facing closure. They've set up a crowdfunding scheme to try to keep going, but I'm sure just buying stuff from them would also help. Obviously there are lots of businesses that could do with more people buying more stuff from them just at the moment, but I'm assuming most people on here have a reasonably strong interest in maps and travel books. (And if you haven't, I'm guessing you're a Brexit supporting, Covid-19 denying, climate change denying, stile queue jumping, wall and fence breaking, litter dropping, Trump supporting, flat earther who's not fully convinced that the moon landings took place and who would like to see a return of the birch for children suspected of petty larceny. But still entitled to your opinions, obviously.)

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...s-for-survival

https://payitforward.london.gov.uk/s...99d84786075cb2
    You omitted "Guardian reading" from your bracket.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Which is why i will very likely be heading in your vague direction soon!
    And you would be very welcome. But please accept it for what it is and don't try and change it to something resembling a town or city!

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Is that to live Oooophnorth Travs - that'll be good? But if not,and it's just a visit, you'll have to get your skates on before midnight on Thursday, if the same-old travel rules apply!

I spent the day in the Lakes today (just down the road) and I'm planning on being over there (30 miles away) everyday before Thursday night and sod the weather.
    I won't make any wild statements as there's still some water to pass under the bridge... But yes to live, early part of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    And you would be very welcome. But please accept it for what it is and don't try and change it to something resembling a town or city!

Well I'd still be most likely to be town-based. But I wouldn't be looking to move if I wanted to retain a lot of the features of living in a large conurbation...!

Should supermarkets still be allowed to sell non-essential goods when other shops have to close? This is the opposite to what was debated and decided in Wales.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

What are essential and non-essential goods is what I want to know.

A light bulb for instance, essential or non essential?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog