Page 328 of 357 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3570

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    The latest REACT data:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/2084...some-evidence/

1 in 80 have the virus; in the NW it is as high as 1 in 42. R is 1.19 - doubling every 24 days.
    Yet in Liverpool its 1 in 200 according to the mass testing. 44,000 tested.

The Zoe App has the R rate at 0.9 with cases falling in all areas except the West Midlands.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Imperial has had an appalling record through this Covid period. Quite how it's still in the game is beyond me.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Piece discussing the Liverpool mass testing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPG8d3e43Xk
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Imperial has had an appalling record through this Covid period. Quite how it's still in the game is beyond me.
    I can believe that, just as I believe some people draw appalling conclusions.

The ongoing Ipsos - MORI study of actual cases is one thing. Hard data.

Mathematical modelling is another. But then forecasting the future has always been tricky.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    But then forecasting the future has always been tricky.
    Imperial have had difficulty forecasting the past.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Piece discussing the Liverpool mass testing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPG8d3e43Xk
    Jesus not her - what a great non-partisan view of things....

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Jesus not her - what a great non-partisan view of things....
    Sorry Stolly. I take it you are familiar with this heathen's contributions. I'm not.

I just listened with no pre-existing knowledge.

Perhaps you can take some time and compile a couple of lists? Those who are approved to give opinions and those who aren't, so I can avoid the error of putting forward the opinion of someone who has been blacklisted.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Sorry Stolly. I take it you are familiar with this heathen's contributions. I'm not.

I just listened with no pre-existing knowledge.

Perhaps you can take some time and compile a couple of lists? Those who are approved to give opinions and those who aren't, so I can avoid the error of putting forward the opinion of someone who has been blacklisted.
    It wasn't even just Julia Hartley-Brewer, the points being made by the pathologist weren't in any way convincing either; Hartlet-brewer obviously scratched around to find someone to support a particular view she wanted to make herself and then tried to imply that its a some kind of real expert overview. At best its a very minor point being made about block testing identifying a small set of false positives, that "force" people to self isolate unnecessarily (but you know, better to be on the safe side I'd have thought) whilst at the same time in some way trying to infer that the block testing, in identifying a relatively low rate of infection, was in some way a bad thing!

All in all a bit rubbish but, although my knee jerk reaction was to switch off as soon as JHB came on (no tell a lie as soon as the advert with Nigel fecking Farage that preceded it came on), I actually stayed the course and listened to it. And like I said it was still a bit rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    It wasn't even just Julia Hartley-Brewer, the points being made by the pathologist weren't in any way convincing either; Hartlet-brewer obviously scratched around to find someone to support a particular view she wanted to make herself and then tried to imply that its a some kind of real expert overview. At best its a very minor point being made about block testing identifying a small set of false positives, that "force" people to self isolate unnecessarily (but you know, better to be on the safe side I'd have thought) whilst at the same time in some way trying to infer that the block testing, in identifying a relatively low rate of infection, was in some way a bad thing!

All in all a bit rubbish but, although my knee jerk reaction was to switch off as soon as JHB came on (no tell a lie as soon as the advert with Nigel fecking Farage that preceded it came on), I actually stayed the course and listened to it. And like I said it was still a bit rubbish
    No pleasing you, you're such a pessimist Stolly.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

No pleasing you, you're such a pessimist Stolly.
    Haha you need to check the polarity of your compass Witton - I think your north is pointing south... and has been since at least 2016