Page 39 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Master
    There are a couple of interesting case studies on spread in a restaurant and a call centre. Being down stream of air conditioning in a restaurant was not good, though it was the breeze it created, rather than the A/C itself. They did test the A/C, and it was clean. Being anywhere near someone for hours in a call centre was very bad news - people well over 2 metres away caught it. Talking almost certainly helps spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    There are a couple of interesting case studies on spread in a restaurant and a call centre. Being down stream of air conditioning in a restaurant was not good, though it was the breeze it created, rather than the A/C itself. They did test the A/C, and it was clean. Being anywhere near someone for hours in a call centre was very bad news - people well over 2 metres away caught it. Talking almost certainly helps spread.
    I wonder if anyone has analysed how many cases can be traced back to flights- particularly long haul.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Interesting that in the U.K. smallpox case the air con was considered as a candidate but discounted.
    There is some history for you ...
    To be fair those were the days of mouth pippetting

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I initially had a problem claiming, and then when I did I'm suspecting their system has a problem because I have read the EU directive and it is a 2004 one and to do with compensation not refunds.

So I'll wait and see what happens with the credit card. I'm sure I'll get my money back.
    Just an update because I did have some contact me off forum to advise how I was going on.

It's complicated because I had a March holiday and a May holiday.

March - Ryanair 21/3 to Liv-Fuert returning 29/3

Initially the claim didn't work, then it took me to the wrong sort of claim, then a 3rd email took me to the correct portal.
    On 10/4 I had a sorry we are taking a long time with your refund claim but..... email and request for patience.
    There is also a hire car through them which they have so far failed to acknowledge as part of the claim.

I'm patient

This week I had a "Click here to claim your refund voucher" and then "but if you want a refund click here" but the only problem was that "here" was also for the refund voucher.

So with Ryanair, I am in a Groundhog Day loop if I follow their internal system.

Sop I've replied to one of their earlier emails advising I want my refund in full, cash, returned to my card.

My earlier enquiry to my credit card using an online form on the NATWEST website hasn't even been confirmed, so I am going to call them next week and raise this with them.

May 9th Ryanair Manchester to Chania (Crete)

It's cancelled, but no email yet to allow me to claim.

May 16th Jet to Heraklion - Manchester

It's also cancelled. They have sent an email saying I will get an email on how to claim at some point.

Hire Car Crete - around £100 - Rentalcars.com
    It was simple - just go online, cancel, refund arranged and confirmed.

I'm lucky. I can afford to sit and wait for the process to follow through even if it takes months, but the time taken is in my opinion diabolical, and the systems set up by Ryanair have been appalling.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I was due to go to Uzbekistan on May 8th with VJV (Jules Verne).

Since Uzbekistan closed its border some time ago that wasn't going to happen and VJV rang and said things were a bit hectic but they would be in touch.

Yesterday they were and offered a credit note valid for 2 years, the holiday in 2021 at 2020 prices or a full refund by 8th May.

I've travelled with VJV a few times - and I think I will again.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 25-04-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    We have Turkey booked for springbank.
    Easyjet out
    Tui return
    No communication at all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    We have Turkey booked for springbank.
    Easyjet out
    Tui return
    No communication at all yet.
    We've booked Turkey for Christmas.
    No communication either.
    Probably because it hasn't been laid yet
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Was offered hip replacement at end of January (after Nov appt), turned it down to make sure I could make sure exam classes at school didn't miss out on any lessons. Consultant offered, 'let me know last date for exam and I'll operate as soon after that as is possible'. Discussed with HOD, his take 'get it now whilst you can, might be postponed you know what the NHS is like', my take, 'nothing will happen, I can't see it being postponed for anything'. Whoops, school shut, exams cancelled and no sign of any hip replacement......

Banned
    I think all here hoping for refunds should answer a bigger question. Do they want airlines or not?

The lefty campaign against such as Virgin Atlantic and easyJet dividend are outrageous

It isn’t just about being able to fly. Or that easyJet and virgin have succeeded with international income in a tough market against unfair competition

They should consider the billions of staff salaries these companies have paid , billions in staff tax and national insurance. The demand it has created at such as airbus and all their suppliers, and all the tax that flows from that

For a month they have had no income but eye watering costs. They are all now more or less insolvent. It wasn’t their doing.

Seemingly lefties just want them To go bust because of an illinformed argument about corporation tax.

The companies need grants not loans.
    And as force majeure be allowed to give Much less than 100 percent refund
    Last edited by Oracle; 25-04-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I think all here hoping for refunds should answer a bigger question. Do they want airlines or not?

The lefty campaign against such as Virgin Atlantic and easyJet dividend are outrageous

It isn’t just about being able to fly. Or that easyJet and virgin have succeeded with international income in a tough market against unfair competition

They should consider the billions of staff salaries these companies have paid , billions in staff tax and national insurance. The demand it has created at such as airbus and all their suppliers, and all the tax that flows from that

For a month they have had no income but eye watering costs. They are all now more or less insolvent. It wasn’t their doing.

Seemingly lefties just want them To go bust because of an illinformed argument about corporation tax.

The companies need grants not loans.
    And as force majeure be allowed to give Much less than 100 percent refund
    I'm no lefty

I'm not hoping for a refund. I'll get one.

I paid for goods/services and they haven't provided them.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell