Page 76 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    From the Ilkley Gazette:

"A FURTHER four patients who tested positive for coronavirus have died at Airedale Hospital.

The latest deaths bring the total so far to 91.

In Bradford a further eight deaths at Bradford Royal Infirmary have been reported since yesterday, bringing the total there to 168. Two earlier reported deaths at Bradford District Care Trust brings the district's total. including those at Airedale, to 261."
    Indeed but Airedale Hospital serves several towns including Keighley which is not only considerably bigger but has a very different ethnic population.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Last time i went to Blackpool i stayed in a b&b advertised a "Sea View in every room".

Didn't even have a window in my room.

After visiting there in December for football (and a 4-0 defeat) i've vowed never to set foot in the place again.

Master
    Interesting to note that two holiday lets close to me, already have occupants so much for using common sense and acting responsibly and with consideration for others.
    Last edited by JohnK; 12-05-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Last time i went to Blackpool i stayed in a b&b advertised a "Sea View in every room".

Didn't even have a window in my room.

After visiting there in December for football (and a 4-0 defeat) i've vowed never to set foot in the place again.
    Ha you’ve just reminded of, Fawlty Towers

Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Ha ha ha used to be taken there as a kid to same b&b every year for a week.

Been a few times with my two sons.

Not anymore.

BUT

I'VE NEVER HAD A POT NOODLE.
    If we ever bump into each other we'll have to have a pint and a Pot Noodle and find out what all the fuss is about!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...ngden-18212057

My uncle was one of the 9 (it's probably more now) at Haslingden Hall. 7 of us attended his funeral last Thursday. He was in Blackburn infirmary for less than 24 hours at the end of April.
    He counts in the ONS figures, but my mother told me yesterday that his test from hospital came back negative, so he isn't on the hospital Covid figures, or at least he shouldn't be.

So excuse me for any scepticism of the ONS figures, and even the hospital ones. I think it best to wait until we get in to next year and have some properly analysed excess death figures, and not ones modelled by the press either.

In East Lancs the daily figures for new cases yesterday were:
    Blackburn with Darwen 3
    Burnley 2
    Hyndburn 0
    Pendle 1
    Rossendale 2

It's almost gone in the community here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these were sadly all care home related.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Everytime a government decision is made people question it.
    We must live a world where common sense does not exist in the masses.

People who live on the boarders are the current crop of numptys asking what they should do.

This is a growing problem, we lack thought, common sense and leadership.

The answer is do what you think is right and stand by your conviction.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Interesting to note that two holiday lets close to me, already have occupants so much for using common sense and acting responsibly and with consideration for others.
    What is it to you?
    So long as the occupants do social distancing?
    If they came from crowded areas , the average social distance will have increased.
    We cannot shut the world, and many of these measures were feel good nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...ngden-18212057

My uncle was one of the 9 (it's probably more now) at Haslingden Hall. 7 of us attended his funeral last Thursday. He was in Blackburn infirmary for less than 24 hours at the end of April.
    He counts in the ONS figures, but my mother told me yesterday that his test from hospital came back negative, so he isn't on the hospital Covid figures, or at least he shouldn't be.

So excuse me for any scepticism of the ONS figures, and even the hospital ones. I think it best to wait until we get in to next year and have some properly analysed excess death figures, and not ones modelled by the press either.

In East Lancs the daily figures for new cases yesterday were:
    Blackburn with Darwen 3
    Burnley 2
    Hyndburn 0
    Pendle 1
    Rossendale 2

It's almost gone in the community here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these were sadly all care home related.
    My sister-in-laws grandad (not sure what relation he would be to me), was his funeral on monday evening... only immediate family were allowed due to restrictions. However tens and tens of old work colleagues, relatives, and rather amazingly, NHS workers who'd looked after him over the past few years, all congregated in their street around the car to see him off.

Not that i'm against that, but does make you wonder why bother putting restrictions on funerals...

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    In my village, a population of 220, I just about know all of them with many being very good friends. I also do some gardening work for some and have been able to continue to do so as I am working alone.
    However on speaking to many, the attitude to non residents visiting the village ranges from couldn't give a monkeys to almost paranoia.
    Comments like "their not local" or "look at that lot,no way are they from the same household" are made about people walking through the village.

There are many people walking through the village that we do not usually see but I recognise a large proportion as being from Bakewell which is less than 2 miles away, who in normal times would not choose to walk uphill to Over Haddon, so I would class them as local.

The funny thing is, is that the villager's, all decent people, who complain about visitors are more than happy to have the postman deliver their mail, the milkman, the fish monger from Buxton, DPD, Parcelforce etc originating from Nottingham and Derby delivering parcels, and Tesco,Waitrose and Morrisons from Chesterfield and Sheffield their food, and me in their gardens!

Far more scope for virus transmission from these I would suggest than a few people walking down the road or through Lathkill Dale.

Very strange times bring out very strange attitudes.

I think we just need to relax a bit more and, unless people are doing really stupid things, live and let live.
    Llani Boy, totally agree we should all relax a bit more! I do think a lot of people feel vulnerable at the moment, with the virus and isolation, and their media feeds often make it worse.
    There are some who will think the same no matter what but there are plenty who would benefit from a conversation, friendly but serious, and would come to understand the likely higher risk from a delivery man rather than someone, reasonably local, walking by on the other side of the road.
    Idea is to stimulate a bit of thought, a lot of people would work it out for themselves, they just need a wee prod, and it might even help lower their stress levels.
    The same conversation would help some of those who want to rush off to honeypot resorts and far away high hills as soon as they think the door is cracked open. What’s the rush?