Page 82 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Really good to read such an eloquent response.

Well said jackd. I never respond to the posts on this forum, but found your replies to be of sound basis.

Quote Originally Posted by jackd View Post

2- The case for closure was put by the scientists advising the government, not the unions.

4 – I will continue to take advice from my union, who also want as quick a return to work as I do, when the scientific advice says it is the right time to do so. In fact, we are preparing for a phased return as are many colleagues in other schools. ‘lefty trouble makers’ – really?
    Re point 4, the scientists mention in point 2 are now advising the Government that it is the right time to do so, yet the unions seem to know better than the scientists.

So no need for a long post, the contradiction is there on those two points and that really is the crux of the matter at hand.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

So no need for a long post, the contradiction is there on those two points and that really is the crux of the matter at hand.
    How particularly patronising.

Jack was responding to one of the many excessively long posts by Oracle which would require a well thought though response. The response would unlikely to be short.

The science is more nuanced than a binary “it is the right time” which I think you know but are not taking this into account

Banned
    Interesting this.

The government has got us all looking at the R number.

So when an area still has a valve above 0.7 is advised to open schools, there is a dilemma.

Just pressed the wrong button and deleted my post. Ill put the link in again:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...adviser-admits

Not as clear cut, and a nice short post.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Re point 4, the scientists mention in point 2 are now advising the Government that it is the right time to do so, yet the unions seem to know better than the scientists.

Spot on WP.

Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    How particularly patronising.

Jack was responding to one of the many excessively long posts by Oracle which would require a well thought though response. The response would unlikely to be short.

The science is more nuanced than a binary “it is the right time” which I think you know but are not taking this into account
    I just draw your attention to post 809 on the thread. You don't like patronising (which wasn't my intent) but you do rude.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Not sure how you get to posts by number? My response was about why there is no requests to Oracle to shorten his musings. They are sucking the life from this forum...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    Not sure how you get to posts by number? My response was about why there is no requests to Oracle to shorten his musings. They are sucking the life from this forum...
    Don't read them. Simples!

Personally I think they are mostly factual and make a good point.